Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been eyeing a 2005 (maybe 06) 575 w/ Fox 100RLC and RP23. I sent the tour operator an email inquiring about the bike almost 2 weeks ago and they never got back to me. I finally called them to ask about the bike and they had just sold it 2 days before I called. I sat on the fence and lsot out. I am bummed! IMHO, it seemed like a great deal as most craigslistings and ebays have similar bikes for around $2000. This one was $1300 + $95 for shipping. The only downside to this bike was that it had a 100mm fork (although new) and it seems that the 575 is better suited with a 120 or greater. Still, I prolly would have been happy with the 100. Anyhow, I've attached a link to the bike even though it is gone. BTW, the koko is also gone.

http://www.solfun.com/bikes.html

Ride ON!!!

·
Gravity Tester
549 Posts
I get a kick out of the description of the Spec. Enduro they have listed:
The Specialized Enduro Expert comes fully equipped to aggressively handle the roughest trails Moab has to offer. It features the following components:

• Juicy Seven Hydralic Disc Brakes
• Fox Talus 36 Front Suspension
• Fox DHX 150 Peggyback Rear Suspension with 150 cm of Travel :eekster: 59 inches of travel? Wow!
• Shimano Deore LX Front Derailer
• Sran 5.0 Rear Derailer
• Advantage Max Pro Tires
• Easton EA30 Seat Post
• After Market Lockon Grips
• Available sizes: medium, large

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I think that a 575 with 100mm upfront is a beast in chains. Changing the fork will bring you to prices similar to 2000$. So maybe with some patience you'll find a better match.
On a different note, I find it almost hard to believe that 2005 Yeti's sell for 2000$. Sounds like a very high resale value but I know nothing about this market.

·
Super Moderator
4,925 Posts
GreenBonty said:
On a different note, I find it almost hard to believe that 2005 Yeti's sell for 2000$. Sounds like a very high resale value but I know nothing about this market.
Thats what they are asking but that doesn't mean they are getting it. If it's marked at $2000 I'd offer $1500 and see where they went from there.

Finalizing a sale is all about the barter ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dangeruss said:
I get a kick out of the description of the Spec. Enduro they have listed:
The Specialized Enduro Expert comes fully equipped to aggressively handle the roughest trails Moab has to offer. It features the following components:

• Juicy Seven Hydralic Disc Brakes
• Fox Talus 36 Front Suspension
• Fox DHX 150 Peggyback Rear Suspension with 150 cm of Travel :eekster: 59 inches of travel? Wow!
• Shimano Deore LX Front Derailer
• Sran 5.0 Rear Derailer
• Advantage Max Pro Tires
• Easton EA30 Seat Post
• After Market Lockon Grips
• Available sizes: medium, large
holy schynkees, i never noticed all those errors. to tell the truth, i didn't even read the ad for the spesh as i have absolutely no interest in it. i did notice the typos on the kokopelli though - "str rear derailer." when shimano make STR??:D

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
Be wary of ads like this one. Seems to be fixed but in the classified section of this site for awhile people were running scam ads for high end bikes and they always had typos and wrong info on part specs. Back then I was desperately seeking a high end MB and replied to an ad for a Blur that was way under priced. Clearly the guy was in some Middle Eastern country but claimed to be in Chicago. I told him I would have my uncle who works for the FBI in Chicago stop by and test the bike. Never heard from him again...

Edit: If you want a low=priced used bike from someone you can trust look at the demo deals at Full Cycles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Generally I Concur with You

Big Jim Mac said:
Be wary of ads like this one. Seems to be fixed but in the classified section of this site for awhile people were running scam ads for high end bikes and they always had typos and wrong info on part specs. Back then I was desperately seeking a high end MB and replied to an ad for a Blur that was way under priced. Clearly the guy was in some Middle Eastern country but claimed to be in Chicago. I told him I would have my uncle who works for the FBI in Chicago stop by and test the bike. Never heard from him again...

Edit: If you want a low=priced used bike from someone you can trust look at the demo deals at Full Cycles.
But this add is definitely not a scam. It is from a MTB tour company in Moab and I've spoken with the owner. He sounds a little old and not really up to speed with the latest high-end gear. I would bet dollars to donuts that they, the company, and the ads are legit. After all, when I called and spoke with the owner, he told me he sold both Yetis just a few days earlier. It was his old bike and he got a new '08 Spesh Enduro to replace the 575. I think the Kokopelli was his wife's old bike too. I was contemplating getting the 575 for myself and the Koko for the wife. My loss as it seems like it was a very good price (especially if it really did have a Talas 130mm fork.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.