Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering, are they any good trails around Dana Point? If yes, any advise on where, difficulty, maps...
I frequently go to SJ, Aliso, Santiago oaks, Luge..., but never been further south.

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
The weed patch (San Clemente Single Tracks). Others can chime in, I ride more north county but do a google of that and there is plenty of info.

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
There's a bunch of fun trails (mostly unmarked) in Las Ramblas/Dana Hills, but you really need a guide to do it right. I don't live there anymore or I'd show you around.

I think those trails probably improved my riding more than any other Socal trails; there are jumps, gaps, steeps, narrow, flowy, sketchy/fun bridges, etc., pretty much everything except chunky gnar. And you can connect those trails to the Weedpatch to make a pretty big epic! Also, most of the trails are great on a SS--especially Two Balls and a Bone!

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
^^ I'm sure eventually, but probably not this year. I have a hard time riding anywhere but Santa Cruz these days (I'm available for tours!), although I have a couple Tahoe trips planned this spring, and maybe OR this summer.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
38,555 Posts
^^ I'm sure eventually, but probably not this year. I have a hard time riding anywhere but Santa Cruz these days (I'm available for tours!), although I have a couple Tahoe trips planned this spring, and maybe OR this summer.
Dirt you moved to Santa Cruz? When did that happen?

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
Last February. Best thing I ever did! When did you make your break?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts