Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I serviced my x fusion slide for the 1st time and I've gotten it all back together except for the damper footnut. I can't seem to get enough thread exposed to put the bolt on.

I've tried adding air and removing it and compressing the fork. Does any have a trick that would help?

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Read this thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/x-fusion-slant-anyone-903382.html info on how to do this without xfusion's special tool which they lamely wont sell. You dont need to send it in. What i do is switch on the lockout, put a short piece of strong plastic pipe thats fits arouind the botom of the shaft without touching it and contacts the lowers, make sure its contacting the bottom of the lowers evenly, and carefully pound on it with a hammer, in effect pushing the lower back on around the shaft, until there are enough threads to thread the footnut on. Socket works too but might scratch the paint. just be careful that it doesnt touch the shaft at all and is contacting the lower nice flat and evenly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.