Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Occidental Tourist
Joined
·
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you ride?
First day this week for me after some HOT riding this wekend.
The temps last night were a welcome change.
Awesome ride. The only downer is that Tapatillo appears to be installing gates at the tennis court where I get my iced water in the summer. Foiled again.
 

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
Joined
·
4,340 Posts
yep, hit up somo last night, tried riding up national didn't work out to well but the weather was sweet!
 

·
I am Walt
Joined
·
6,393 Posts
YuriB said:
Did you ride?
First day this week for me after some HOT riding this wekend.
The temps last night were a welcome change.
Awesome ride. The only downer is that Tapatillo appears to be installing gates at the tennis court where I get my iced water in the summer. Foiled again.
A few of us rode last night in the T100 area - Dirdir, Dan, Kristi, Kevin and I. Beautiful evening, plus I felt great on the SS. Very dusty. Saw the lights, then ran into riders from a Slippery Pig ride.

I'm loving these mid-week night rides. Hopefully, I'll be able to continue them. Of course, as it heats up, they won't be quite as pleasant.

Rex - When are you going to back on the bike?
 

·
Occidental Tourist
Joined
·
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
waltaz said:
A few of us rode last night in the T100 area - Dirdir, Dan, Kristi, Kevin and I. Beautiful evening, plus I felt great on the SS. Very dusty. Saw the lights, then ran into riders from a Slippery Pig ride.

I'm loving these mid-week night rides. Hopefully, I'll be able to continue them. Of course, as it heats up, they won't be quite as pleasant.

Rex - When are you going to back on the bike?
I was 1/2 expecting to run into ya'll but never did. Did run into some other riders I knew. There were a decent amount of night riders out last night - which made me feel better since I was riding el solo.
 

·
MTBR Tool
Joined
·
831 Posts
waltaz said:
Rex - When are you going to back on the bike?
Got a call from the quack on Wednesday and after seeing my CT scan from last week she's saying another month off the bike :(

I will be defying Dr's orders this weekend at the GB campout but suspect that it will set me back a week or 2.

This REALLY sucks...
 

·
I am Walt
Joined
·
6,393 Posts
Srexy said:
Got a call from the quack on Wednesday and after seeing my CT scan from last week she's saying another month off the bike :(

I will be defying Dr's orders this weekend at the GB campout but suspect that it will set me back a week or 2.

This REALLY sucks...
Listen to the Dr. and take it easy, though...you don't want to be out any longer than you have to. We were talking about you last night as a "reference point," so you're with us on the rides in spirit...
 

·
Occidental Tourist
Joined
·
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
skinny-tire said:
Rub it in. I was stuck in a musty attic trying to figure out how to wire some under the cabinet lights. Phucking house.
Coulda been worse - coulda been 160 in your attic
 

·
Ouch, I am hot!
Joined
·
4,765 Posts
WARNING - WEATHER PATROL ALERT!!!! IT IS NOW AGAINST THE RULES TO EITHER COMPLAIN OR PRAISE THE WEATHER WITHOUT PROPER CLEARANCE. ALL WEATHER COMMENTS MUST BE APPROVED BY THE STAR CHAMBER. YURI, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

waltaz said:
Listen to the Dr. and take it easy, though...you don't want to be out any longer than you have to. We were talking about you last night as a "reference point," so you're with us on the rides in spirit...
Actually, Dan and I were talking about you as a reference point and Walt said you had really nice looking legs, but I don't really need to go into the details do I?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
Waltaz and company: I've been lurking here for the last several days. Did you all leave at about 7 p.m. from the cul de sac on Dunlap?? Been looking for some folks to ride with on occasional evenings. I'm SS only and I'm not a fast rider. Thanks, J
 

·
I am Walt
Joined
·
6,393 Posts
jennytalia said:
Waltaz and company: I've been lurking here for the last several days. Did you all leave at about 7 p.m. from the cul de sac on Dunlap?? Been looking for some folks to ride with on occasional evenings. I'm SS only and I'm not a fast rider. Thanks, J
We left about 6:45 from the 32nd St. dead-end. There's a standing TNR and we sometimes get together on Wednesdays also. Some ride on Thursdays - check this forum for posts as most people post up re the rides. Lots of options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
Dirdir said:
WARNING - WEATHER PATROL ALERT!!!!
I hate to be talkin' out of school, but rain and T-storms are heading towards Prescott this weekend!

Take 'er easy this weekend Rex, let your UK guests have most of the fun. I'll be heading up there Sunday morning with Dan J. and Keith C. Maybe we'll see you...
 

·
MTBR Tool
Joined
·
831 Posts
AZClydesdale said:
I hate to be talkin' out of school, but rain and T-storms are heading towards Prescott this weekend!

Take 'er easy this weekend Rex, let your UK guests have most of the fun. I'll be heading up there Sunday morning with Dan J. and Keith C. Maybe we'll see you...
Roger wilco. Looks as if I won't be the only injured Brit this weekend - Ben went OTB yesterday in Globe and will be on the Motrin/Vicodyn depending on how bad his ribs are hurting...
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top