Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
(◣_◢)
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn Colorado Weather. I've lived in Colorado most of my life so you'd think I know better. I left the house for a quick ride today after work. When I left, it was sunny with just a few clouds that didn't look threatening at all. Twenty minutes into my ride, got dumped on with rain/hail. With the helmet, the hail really didn't hurt or anything, just really annoying to ride in. Oh well, I still had fun! It was the first real mud I got for the season :)

·
Yay! Bikes !
1,761 Posts
this princess rode MW, DR south, waiting out the 15 minutes of storm clouds, back up Zorro, DR north and down to the car. Giddyup. I love bad weather.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I hate the forecasters. They said the weather was going to be crap and so I didn't even get the bike out. Then it turns out to be a perfect day to ride. Damn weather guessers.

·
Tribe Member
873 Posts
was on the bike at 6p and did the loops and climbs at Falcon with no rain at all on the trail. it appears that Morrison got hammered though. Best part of riding up there, you can see where the rain is going.

The Parmalee trail has a couple of places with some serious mud and runoff issues. I will say that 98% of the trails up there are in great shape.

tomorrow might be a whole different story.

·
Registered
31 Posts
One thing about CO weather you CAN count on.

"it'll either clear up, or clear up to your arse"
Seen it both ways many times.

That's what I don't like about fenderless bikes!!

Cute pics though!

·
killin clear creek
760 Posts
We're still trying to stretch out winter up here! Hoping for about 3 or 4 more good weekends on the snow! Sounds like today is gonna cooperate with us a bit. 6+" of fresh, going riding Thursday afternoon!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yetigirl said:
rode at Betasso between storms this evening -- perfect weather and great fun! :D

Awesome ride and fun to get to ride with a Pro from Giant! :thumbsup: Good times!

·
Awesomist™
2,950 Posts
Some some really close lightning on the top of NTM, otherwise the LBG and I had a great ride/hike/something or other... !

:D

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
CEKSTOY said:
I hate the forecasters. They said the weather was going to be crap and so I didn't even get the bike out. Then it turns out to be a perfect day to ride. Damn weather guessers.
You could always form your own opinion, instead of believing everything the media tells you, ya know?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts