Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Dammmit can't we bring Mr. Scary back for one thread!!

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  MaLoL 
#1 ·
Define ironic: Someone going on and on about a bike maker (Cannondale) that is soooo much superior because their bikes are made in the USA and not an outsourced carbon frame.

Oh wait a minute.... look what they just released. HAHAHA

Cannondale Synapse, coming may 1st, made in the far east

See less See more
#2 ·
BIG laugh...

bhsavery said:
Define ironic: Someone going on and on about a bike maker (Cannondale) that is soooo much superior because their bikes are made in the USA and not an outsourced carbon frame.

why is it that i have a BIIIIG smile on my face?
maybe they want to get rid of the crack'ndale image....maybe they finally want to drop their insane pricing? anyway - they are no different than any other brand.

#3 ·
And OE with a compact crankset and 10 spd too..

bhsavery said:

groovy

#4 ·
That's actually the first Cannondale that makes me want to throw a leg over it and go for a good testride. Maybe on the Amstel Gold Race course, the compact cranks will be good if I manage to keep the 21% Keutenberg for last. A short road climb that's NOT funny on a singlespeed MTB.
An expensive Cannondale that no Cannondale employee got his hands on, I love it! :)
It's not even ugly.

#9 ·
Speaking of insane pricing

(sorry, can't resist)...I can't help but notice over here in the Netherlands, Scott frames are incredibly expensive. Complete bikes, on the other hand, are quite a good deal for consumers (particularly XT-level and XT/XTR-mix bikes). Sounds kinda like Cannondale over here...
:D

#10 ·
tiny difference...

eric said:
(sorry, can't resist)...I can't help but notice over here in the Netherlands, Scott frames are incredibly expensive. Complete bikes, on the other hand, are quite a good deal for consumers (particularly XT-level and XT/XTR-mix bikes). Sounds kinda like Cannondale over here...
:D
the difference is that with Scott you get the lightest production frame on the planet backed up with great stiffness. a Crackn'dale frame weighs 1 lbs more...i call that a HUGE difference!

#11 ·
That Cannondale Synapse isn't even a real road bike. It's intended as some sort of sport/performance bike with extended head tube. You know for the type of rider you often see on a Colnago. Anyway, the thing is ugly beyond fugly. Check out additional pictures for verification :)

http://www.rijwielpaleis.nl/race/2005-synapse2/index.htm

Regarding Scott, why pay more than double the price for something that's not as stiff and not really lighter than a Canyon F10? Both should be good for a couple of races if you don't fall.

#12 ·
100g lighter

divve said:
That Cannondale Synapse isn't even a real road bike. It's intended as some sort of sport/performance bike with extended head tube. You know for the type of rider you often see on a Colnago. Anyway, the thing is ugly beyond fugly. Check out additional pictures for verification :)

http://www.rijwielpaleis.nl/race/2005-synapse2/index.htm

Regarding Scott, why pay more than double the price for something that's not as stiff and not really lighter than a Canyon F10? Both should be good for a couple of races if you don't fall.
the scott is about 100g lighter;) that's a big difference in that league. and the added stiffness isn't needed anyway. and the Canyon is butt ugly. but it's functional and for sure a good price/value.

#13 ·
Welcome back! I actually enjoyed the debates (not the stupid name calling). Anyway it does look like cannondale gave in to the pressure. Looks like this bike is a direct competitor to bikes like the Specialized Roubaix.

Incidently I do my road training on a Roubaix and love it. Granted my Roubaix has american classic wheels, Record parts and weighs 15 lbs but anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.