Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I took my rear tire off to service my VPP link bearings I noticed a 1x2cm hole in the right side of my rear triangle. My tire completely rubbed through the carbon fiber. Weird thing is I never noticed rubbing when servicing the bike.
On a side note Santa Cruz does not have any more rear triangles to send out a replacement, so if anyone has a rear triangle laying around they want to sell let me know

Anyone have anything similar happen? I’m wondering if my rear wheel/hub spacing is slightly off since it’s on rubbed on one side.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Have not heard of this as a Nomad specific issue but it’s not entirely uncommon for rear wheels to become off dish especially more standard 135 spacing since any loosening of the drive side spokes will have a greater effect to the wheel coming off dish and then rubbing non drive side. Good luck on your replacement otherwise good time for a no fault upgrade to the N4 or Bronson and then I always put racers tape covering the chain and seat stays where the rear tire could possibly rub with mud or anything else.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
When I took my rear tire off to service my VPP link bearings I noticed a 1x2cm hole in the right side of my rear triangle. My tire completely rubbed through the carbon fiber. Weird thing is I never noticed rubbing when servicing the bike.
On a side note Santa Cruz does not have any more rear triangles to send out a replacement, so if anyone has a rear triangle laying around they want to sell let me know

Anyone have anything similar happen? I'm wondering if my rear wheel/hub spacing is slightly off since it's on rubbed on one side.
Didn't SC offer another frame as a no fault replacement?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Ouch. Maybe a loose rear axle? I beat the hell out of my Nomad v3 but nothing like this ever happened. My 5010 does work loose at times but I notice the brake rub before the tires come into contact on the frame.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I don't have the original purchase receipt so no luck on the "no fault frame" replacement option
Sorry man, that's rough. This situation makes raises a question for me: I registered my bike with SCB and had to furnish my receipt when I did so. If I ever have any warranty/crash replacement issues arise, will I still need to lay my hands on a receipt? Because I'm pretty sure that thing is long gone...

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sorry man, that's rough. This situation makes raises a question for me: I registered my bike with SCB and had to furnish my receipt when I did so. If I ever have any warranty/crash replacement issues arise, will I still need to lay my hands on a receipt? Because I'm pretty sure that thing is long gone...
When I crash replaced my bronson they wanted a copy of my receipt as well as a picture of the serial number from the bike.

I also provided a copy of the receipt when I registered it. I think if push came to shove they could probably look it up, but I know they wanted it.

Now I scan the receipt into a pdf in case I lose the hardcopy.

·
Registered
549 Posts

Anyone have anything similar happen? I'm wondering if my rear wheel/hub spacing is slightly off since it's on rubbed on one side.
Yep - from rocks getting stuck in the cornering block tread over time. Going to have mine fixed by some local carbon guys eventually.

Not specifically a Nomad problem but not uncommon...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.