Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Whilst servicing my forks (rockshox sid world cup xx) I've managed to damage the damper. Probably due to my usual monkey like approach to anything mechanical.

I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and buy a new one, however I've put it back in and it's runs perfectly fine (for now). I've got a couple of races coming up very soon so I'm wondering whether it's ok to ride for a while? Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Single(Pivot)and Happy
1,778 Posts
If it "runs perfectly fine" as you say then why would you replace a perfectly functioning part?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking from the perspective of as its currently slightly broken, if the plastic side was to fully break, could this cause a larger problem? Cause further damage or issues with other parts? Or will the suspension just stop functioning very well?

Just been out for a 3 hour ride though and its still fine, so perhaps i'm worrying about nothing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Good to know it's a dodgy part. Is it ok keep using it for the time being?
Also, is the rtc3 damper a better replacement or does this still have the same issues?
Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.