Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for my english.

After riding it for 2 years, my bottom bracket started to make weird sounds. My LBS noticed bottom bracket was installed backwards. So i was riding my bike like that for 2 years. He said my bb threads damaged.

To avoid damaged threads he installed 2 spacers to non-drive side and none to drive side. I'm riding like this for 6 months without a problem.

Now i'm planning to buy SPDs. I'm worrying about my legs position as left and right pedal positions won't be equal. Would that be a problem? Or are there any other problems you think about?

Thank you

Pics related:
vW8jCHu.jpg
PS6S8dO.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't know if it was for the damaged threads, but if your bike has a 68mm shell, for a shimano crank the LBS should have put 1 spacer on the drive side and 2 on the non-drive. I can't quite tell under the dirt, but it looks like you have the one on the non-drive side. The spacers are there simply to space the bearings out correctly and if you have the one on the non drive side you're only 1.6 mm off center, which most wouldn't notice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if it was for the damaged threads, but if your bike has a 68mm shell, for a shimano crank the LBS should have put 1 spacer on the drive side and 2 on the non-drive. I can't quite tell under the dirt, but it looks like you have the one on the non-drive side. The spacers are there simply to space the bearings out correctly and if you have the one on the non drive side you're only 1.6 mm off center, which most wouldn't notice.
Thank you for your answer. Sorry for the dirt but I'm sure there isn't one in the drive side. I'll ask him to instal a spacer to drive side. So frame may be even normal. Let's see what will happen this weekend. :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts