Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the recent strong storms rolled through the northern Virginia area there are lots of trees down. I've been letting an injury heal before riding too much lately anyway, but i was wondering if anybody knows of any tree clearing plans in the works? I rode at wakefield a couple weekends back and it wasnt too bad, but there were a couple large trees down across the trail here and there. I havent been over to difficult run, or accotink, or fountainhead... heh, but yea, anybody know of a group or organization i can hook up with to lend a hand in the trail maintenance dept? I feel like i should be lending a hand.
-kevin

·
song of the saw-whet owl
428 Posts
more-mtb.org forums has all the info on the maintaining and info of the local trail conditions. I know there is maintenance this weekend at Fountainhead which is apparently in bad shape.
I would be there for sure if i wasn't gonna be out of town.

from the trailwork section for FH:

This Saturday at 9:30, meet at the trailhead parking lot. Rain or Shine. Bring gloves and water, lunch will be provided by the Texas Bar-B-Q Factory, drinks provides by Crest Cleaners. Contact: Tom Crotty, [email protected]

·
Bikecurious
301 Posts
I rode Fountainhead for the first time about 2 weeks ago and it was totally clear. Freshly chainsawed. I know Accotink did some "emergency trailwork" as well, so I'd imagine its all good to go by now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.