Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was an interesting morning at Bootleg Canyon. As soon as aggro said he was pressed for time I figured things would get interesting. Before we even got started Aggro was having chain problems. What we thought was chain suck from dirt was actually a bent link on his chain. Break out the chain tool and take a link out. Two links later ready to go again.

While he was fixing his chain his camel-bak sprung a leak. It looked like a waterfall going down his back and soaking his shorts. That had to be uncomfortable. The ride seems to get better aside from Aggro's soaked shorts. We get to the top of boyscout and take a rest there to make sure we didnt leave a lung back on the trail. Beautiful morning with cooler temps and a slight wind.

We decide to head down Skyline but before we can really get started Shorty the Madcap notices he has a flat:( He decides to just pump it up and hope it holds back to the car. I take the lead here as I like to hum along on this trail and we play catch up to Aggro who went ahead as he is probably getting close to being late. We catch him about half way and I go tearing by as he gets hung up on a techy.(thanks for letting me by) Last thing I think I said to myself was time to shred this baby! Coming around a slight curve I hit a rock and my bike starts to slide. I think I would have recovered but my shorts snag on the seat. I crash into a big ass rock out-cropping. The rock won.

Pretty good ride the rest of the way back down. Had to stop for a couple of guys climbing up but all in all we had a good rip back down.

Injury Report: Left leg is scratched to all hell. Lucky I have some gauze and tape to cover it up so the wife lets me sleep in the bed without getting blood all over the sheets. Right knee is swollen. Took some aleve. Hopefully I'll be back on the trails in a day or so.

ps- The Bling Machine took its first crash with flying colors. Couldnt even find a scratch. Time for its first tune up:)

Shawn

·
Registered
109 Posts
Redmon said:
It was an interesting morning at Bootleg Canyon. As soon as aggro said he was pressed for time I figured things would get interesting. Before we even got started Aggro was having chain problems. What we thought was chain suck from dirt was actually a bent link on his chain. Break out the chain tool and take a link out. Two links later ready to go again.

While he was fixing his chain his camel-bak sprung a leak. It looked like a waterfall going down his back and soaking his shorts. That had to be uncomfortable. The ride seems to get better aside from Aggro's soaked shorts. We get to the top of boyscout and take a rest there to make sure we didnt leave a lung back on the trail. Beautiful morning with cooler temps and a slight wind.

We decide to head down Skyline but before we can really get started Shorty the Madcap notices he has a flat:( He decides to just pump it up and hope it holds back to the car. I take the lead here as I like to hum along on this trail and we play catch up to Aggro who went ahead as he is probably getting close to being late. We catch him about half way and I go tearing by as he gets hung up on a techy.(thanks for letting me by) Last thing I think I said to myself was time to shred this baby! Coming around a slight curve I hit a rock and my bike starts to slide. I think I would have recovered but my shorts snag on the seat. I crash into a big ass rock out-cropping. The rock won.

Pretty good ride the rest of the way back down. Had to stop for a couple of guys climbing up but all in all we had a good rip back down.

Injury Report: Left leg is scratched to all hell. Lucky I have some gauze and tape to cover it up so the wife lets me sleep in the bed without getting blood all over the sheets. Right knee is swollen. Took some aleve. Hopefully I'll be back on the trails in a day or so.

ps- The Bling Machine took its first crash with flying colors. Couldnt even find a scratch. Time for its first tune up:)

Shawn
Action Packed. I am glad that you will recover soon and that sweet ride of yours is still ok. I went out yesterday and couldn't believe how many people were out. The weather has been very nice the past few mornings. I can't wait till October.

I saw a small rattle snake in Caldera. Nothing exciting. It was very lethargic- probably trying to achieve homeostasis or just enjoying the nice weather.

Where exactly did you wipe out?

·
Registered
213 Posts
hehe!

Good job on report LOL. Hope that the knee is not too bad. My pack is allright (no holes).It was just saturated in the fabric. and my but. I'm gonna head up again tommorow morning. Anyone wanna meet up?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.