Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Trail eater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well any hope I had of riding belmont on friday and possible even wissa on saturday are officially out the window due to this lousy rain :(
At least I was able to stretch my legs on wednesday out at belmont :)

Have a safe and happy holidays and dont drink too much (yeah right) :D

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
I agree, I'm quite tired of this rainy crappy weather. It doesn't look like its going to end any time soon either :(

How many months till spring again? :eek:

·
Trail eater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
might head out to belmont this arvo

I think I might head out to belmont this arvo and check it out. See how dry it is up there and then maybe make a decision to ride wissa sat noonish? What do you guys (and gals :) think? Has the rain completely washed wissa out again?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Park is very muddy with water sitting on many trails. The earth is very soft from the slow melting of the snow/ice of the past week.

Ironically, most of the trail damage I saw on my walk yesterday was from hiking boots. There were conspicuous tire-tread ruts on some illegal trails, shame. If you feel the need to poach, do it when you leave no trace.

No one should be riding in the park for a while. Give it time to dry out, at least a WEEK.

AEM 12/30/05

·
Trail eater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well for interests sake I will probably head out to belmont for look-out and if possible a little ride as well :D If its muddy ofcourse i wont ride it but a look anyway wouldn't hurt, at belmont that is.
I will report back as to what it was like out there.

Hey Fluid dynamics, when did you last visit wissa? just curious.

·
Registered
415 Posts
electric mustard said:
I think I might head out to belmont this arvo and check it out. See how dry it is up there and then maybe make a decision to ride wissa sat noonish? What do you guys (and gals :) think? Has the rain completely washed wissa out again?
Hey there,

Probably not. I am heading out that way later today. The wind will help keep things dry.
Also, seems that peeps are being way overly cautious with the trail erosion topic.

regards,
scoon

·
Trail eater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
scoon, soory mate Im confused. I was going to check out belmont. Are you referring to wissa. Im bad with street names since Im not from around here despite living here for 2 years. I was gonna wait before I head out to wissa but belmont is definetely on my cards.

·
Registered
415 Posts
electric mustard said:
scoon, soory mate Im confused. I was going to check out belmont. Are you referring to wissa. Im bad with street names since Im not from around here despite living here for 2 years. I was gonna wait before I head out to wissa but belmont is definetely on my cards.
Sorry, that was meant for Fluid Dynamics.

regards,
scoon

·
Registered
81 Posts
Conditions

scoon said:
Sorry, that was meant for Fluid Dynamics.

regards,
scoon
Folks,

I was on the indian area trails yesterday. Some areas may be fine to ride while other areas are hurting pretty bad. If you make the call that its good to go and you come across a muddy section do you turn back, walk or just ride through? or worse, around....

The ground is soft and saturated now and that makes it extra prone to erosion. I think its too soon, we had a soaking rain yesterday and melting snow and ice all week. Frankly I would rather wait for good conditions to ride, and I am chomping at the bit, believe me.

In the end its your call and a free country, not to mention a public park.

·
Trail eater
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks

thanks for the update fluid dynamics. I myelf will check out belmont. Although its not the best place to ride it is afterall a place to ride whilst wissa recovers.
I'll try to remember to take my camera out and take a few pics.

cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts