Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was just thinking about that yesterday - haven't heard any rumors, but it would be a sweet rig. Hopefully there is some truth to that rumor. This would be the first thing C'dale did in a decade to get me back on one of their products...

·
29er addict
101 Posts
I hear that it is on for 2010 which hopefully would mean the middle of next summer. But that IS just what I hear. I also hear that it is taking so long is because they had to find a new product manager and also they were working on the Rize and Moto.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
shdown75 is correct. Protos are in existence and have been for almost a year now. The product manager thing really set them back, and then the Dorel take over was another little hiccup. Now with all the "parts" in place, I suspect we'll start seeing some movement in that 29"er program of theirs once again.

·
Good For You
407 Posts
I am very glad I didn't hold my breath when the 29er Scalpel rumors were going on here on the boards last year. I would be one salty person to hear that its another 1+ years.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I think the 29er Scalpel is a recipe for success. Carbon frame, 100mm travel, BB30 bottom bracket/crank, Lefty. All that System Integration has the potential to produce a super light/efficient/race machine. Also, its not a boutique/custom frame, its by a major manufacturer that has a great warranty. It will come in different levels so it will appeal to a lot of different buyers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.