Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a 2009 or 2010 Dakine nomad hydration pack. I am looking at getting a new pack to replace my shot out hydrapak and like all the organization of nomad. I became "concered" though when MBA said the raised back panels are anoying. I know this is just their opinion, but still something to think about. I can't seem to find any info on the newer design. Every loved the older ones.

Please don't flame me about MBA I know a lot of guys think those dudes are tools, but anyway you look at it they are exposed to a ton of products.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody own the newest style? am I being too impatient?

·
Its got what plants crave
5,933 Posts
I have a Nomad with the raised back panels but I don't know what year it is. I bought it last year, and like it. I love the great organization of the pockets, it is well laid out.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jm311, I think any of the ones with the raised bck panels are the newer design. Do you have a hydrapak bladder? That woudl be the newer one if you do. The article said the back [anels would not stay on either side of your spine how they were designed to sit. That they would bounce around and felt annoying. I am just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
smilinsteve, thanks for the link and for ixing my quote.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The back panel looks really close, if not identical to my Apex. I've had not issues with it at all. I had purchased it for winter riding when you tend to carry more bulky stuff, like extra clothing, but it's so much more comfortable than my Mule that I'd have no problem using it during the summer as well.

·
Boom bap ambassador
Banshee Rune V3, Knolly Warden LT
802 Posts
I have the 'new' Nomads (around October 09 when I got it) and I haven't noticed the back panels at all.

It doesn't seem that my back gets as soggy with the Nomad as it did with other packs.

Could be one of those overly nit picky reviewer deals. I would highly recommend a Nomad as the build quality and overall comfort are very good.

·
Boom bap ambassador
Banshee Rune V3, Knolly Warden LT
802 Posts
I dunno, I'm red/green color blind :D

Had to take those damn tests all the time when I was a kid...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts