Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No one has mentioned this pack in the thread down below, but it is a similar size to some of the ones mentioned. I know it's very new out in the store but with father's day coming up, I'm trying to give the wife and kids some good ideas for me. Anyone have any first hand experience with one? It looks like a lighter weight design than the Nomad, which happens to be the exact same capacity. Good ventilation, straps, organization, high or low on back, etc? Thanks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have, and love, the drafter which is the smaller version of the nomad.

The nomad is a better design for carrying a full-face or armor with the big flap-style pocket on the front. The downside to that outside pocket is you have to unbuckle two straps to fully open the pack. The amp looks like it is more easily accessible but isn't as nice is you want to strap extra stuff on the outside. The amp also includes a rain cover which is nice.

check this out:

Also - made sure you get the newest version with the Hydrapak resevior. I had the old Naglene one and it leaked consistently and was hard to clean.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have one, mine stays low on back and I like it that way.

It's light, like my old Mule, good rain cover. I detatch (I cut them) the waist straps, because I don't like those straps. The new reservotoire is even better (for now) than Camelbak!!

Complains for now:
The rain cover needs a more visiblly color, mine is grey (the pack is rust)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts