Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
nice marmot.
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so guys and gals here goes... why should i buy this bike? i have been riding for about 5 years and my latest bike was an 02 fuel 90 with upgraded brakes, pedals, and cranks. i haven't explored too many other manufacturers simply because i wasn't ever looking for a new bike until now. there's a lot to choose from. as far as my riding is concerned i live in the rockies and all my favorite trails go up and up and up which is great cuz i love the burn. not into DH or FR etc... SELL ME ON THIS BIKE AND IT'S COST.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
196 Posts
you can't beat the specs, gussetts, welds of a jamis compare to the other bikes for the price. you will love the handling of it. the only flaws are the chainstays. if its '04 and below model, have the store change it to an '05 or '06 stays.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I recently purchased a new, old stock 05 Expert and love it, despite its weight. I couldn't quite afford the pro, but would have gone with that if it wouldn't have strained my budget so much. Just compare the specs of that bike with some of the other bigger name manufacaturers and you will see the value you are getting.

·
Registered
256 Posts
how 'bout the pivots

i'm in a similar place, have trek f'90 which is worn out after 3yrs racing and ridin. i'm looking for a lighter, faster steed with great components. worn and sloppy suspension pivots have plagued me with the fuel- the mis-alignment results in lot's o broken $tuff. how does the K2 dakar suspension hold up to hard usage?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.