Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BOOST THAT SH*T!
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there folks.

Anyone ever use/have any reviews of the Dainese V Neck Wave Jacket? I'm looking at upgrading the armour and have this thing about protecting my neck. Thanks!

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have one

I have a Dainese Wave V Jacket but it offers no neck protection that I aware of? Otherwise it is a great jacket with a very long spine protector. I have hit the ground a few times and I just get back up and get back on my bike and keep riding!

·
BOOST THAT SH*T!
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
steve47co1 said:
I have a Dainese Wave V Jacket but it offers no neck protection that I aware of? Otherwise it is a great jacket with a very long spine protector. I have hit the ground a few times and I just get back up and get back on my bike and keep riding!
Thanks.

From what I have seen they offer 2 models of the Wave... V Neck Wave Jack and the "regular."

I may use the one you have with a Leatt or something simliar.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Good idea

I am looking at neck braces, too - thanks for the thought.

I was not aware they offered 2 versions of this jacket - mine is the one pictured below.

Attachments

·
BOOST THAT SH*T!
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
steve47co1 said:
I am looking at neck braces, too - thanks for the thought.

I was not aware they offered 2 versions of this jacket - mine is the one pictured below.
Their stuff kills it :thumbsup: . Here's a pic of the one I was looking into.

Product Sleeve Shoulder Standing Textile

·
Registered
982 Posts
Front view?

Looks like mine from the back except for that high neck. Do you have a front view or a link to the site?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Nice site

Dave,

Thanks for the link - looks like a great vendor.

I just opened my closet and my Wave Jacket does have the high rear neck on it, but I do not believe it would save me from the Christopher Reeves/Superman type of fall - that is what neck braces are for.

I have the Dainese Impact Shorts and the bibs with the shorts attached; they are fabulous also. I only wear Dainese gloves, too; amazing gloves and they last - everything else tears or wears out too fast.

Last, I use the Dainese D-Raptor Helmet - very nice. I had a Giro Remedy last year and, while it was a great way to start with a FF; it gave me a headache and was way too hot.

·
BOOST THAT SH*T!
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
steve47co1 said:
Dave,

Thanks for the link - looks like a great vendor.

I just opened my closet and my Wave Jacket does have the high rear neck on it, but I do not believe it would save me from the Christopher Reeves/Superman type of fall - that is what neck braces are for.

I have the Dainese Impact Shorts and the bibs with the shorts attached; they are fabulous also. I only wear Dainese gloves, too; amazing gloves and they last - everything else tears or wears out too fast.

Last, I use the Dainese D-Raptor Helmet - very nice. I had a Giro Remedy last year and, while it was a great way to start with a FF; it gave me a headache and was way too hot.
Good stuff Steve. Thanks a bunch.

·
BOOST THAT SH*T!
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey one more thing Steve. Do you mind if I ask how big a boy you are and what size you went with on the jacket, shorts and gloves? I just ordered Remedy last week. We'll see how it goes. Thanks

·
Registered
982 Posts
Go up one size in everything they make

They use Italians as body models for their armor lines and it runs small for Americans.

I am 6' tall, 195 lbs.; I have a 42" chest, 33" sleeve, 36" waist, 32" inseam and I wear XL in everything they make and I have, including the gloves. The helmet is the only exception - I wear a Large in the D-Raptor, but then again, I wear a Medium in Giro or Fox lids.

I wear an Under Armor Heat Wear v-neck tee shirt under the jacket and I usually wear a long sleeve RF 6x6 wicking XXL jersey over the armor to keep it from abrasion, scuffing, and snagging on trees.

Hope this helps you in your deliberations - what do you ride and where? I ride a Demo 8 in Colorado:thumbsup: .

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just got the Dainese v neck wave jacket. here are my thoughts. I ordered it from www.kneedraggers.com. They were really helpful with the sizing and have an 800 # for questions. basically, the jacket comes in v1, v2, v3 which refers to the length and s,m,l,xl which refers to chest size. I'm 5'8" 155 lbs and got the v2 in med. it is Italian style and fits snugly but feels good. my only complaint is that the shoulder/clavicle protection is so burly that I can't move my arms as freely as I could with my race face armour, however it offers a completely different and higher level of protection . The other issue I have is with the neck/cervical spine protection. it is not the most comfortable and comes so high up the neck that it interferes with my helmet. the neck protector is easily removable so you can decide if it works for you or not. I paid $418 at kneedraggers and with the exeption of these two small complaints I'm really impressed with the protection and fit.

·
BOOST THAT SH*T!
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
joggyj said:
I just got the Dainese v neck wave jacket. here are my thoughts. I ordered it from www.kneedraggers.com. They were really helpful with the sizing and have an 800 # for questions. basically, the jacket comes in v1, v2, v3 which refers to the length and s,m,l,xl which refers to chest size. I'm 5'8" 155 lbs and got the v2 in med. it is Italian style and fits snugly but feels good. my only complaint is that the shoulder/clavicle protection is so burly that I can't move my arms as freely as I could with my race face armour, however it offers a completely different and higher level of protection . The other issue I have is with the neck/cervical spine protection. it is not the most comfortable and comes so high up the neck that it interferes with my helmet. the neck protector is easily removable so you can decide if it works for you or not. I paid $418 at kneedraggers and with the exeption of these two small complaints I'm really impressed with the protection and fit.
Excellent report! :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.