1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
dnt b a clwn thro it down
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
free rider said:
did you know there was a k missing too:p

it need a matte (sp?) black or something like that then its a nice helmet
Hey i'm a new grajuit. Who needs a K anyways...
There is a coat on there, but it is clear.

·
GOD SPEED # 58 # 69 RIP
934 Posts
That's one seat casco, perfect for a custom paint! Euro helmets = Hi standards, good fit.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
It's to look cool. Aren't those helmets still fiberglass? Just done up to look like carbon fiber?
Uhm.... That's what fiberglass looks like dude. Carbon fiber is grey/black and slightly reflective.

Either way I think the raw finnish looks cool.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Zonk0u said:
Uhm.... That's what fiberglass looks like dude. Carbon fiber is grey/black and slightly reflective.

Either way I think the raw finnish looks cool.
I know what fiberglass looks like... I lay speaker enclosures. You can see bits of black showing through, and some guy at the local spot tried to pass it off as carbon fiber.

·
I rot before I ripen
545 Posts
It's a super comfie helmet. Lightweight and cool.

The day after I bought it, I took a solid head slam when I nose-cased a step up. My head hit so hard, I saw stars. Hardest head shot I've taken. I'm still healing up.

Anyway, the helmet cracked in a few places. Hard to know if I bought an expensive helmet that saved my a**, or if I bought an expensive helmet that cracked first time it was used.

For the record, I bought a new TLD helmet for DH runs, but I patched the Dainese using fiberglass and epoxy. I use it for trailrides, like Downieville this weekend.

I just couldn't convince myself that buying a new Dainese made any sense.

More pics:
http://www.pacificafreeride.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=43

damon

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.