Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Was just wondering if anyone has tried this safety jacket out. I currently have the original rockgardn flak jacket, which is great by all standards, but is a tad bulky and is very noticible when worn only on race weekend. I am going to whistler for a month this summer and would love to have something I would be glad to wear every day. Also, what is this like compared to the Dainese next jacket? I have noticed a few pads and hard regions replaced by nothing and soft padding on the racecut and was just wondering if you all think its worth it. thanks

Dianese Next RaceCut D-Tech front and back

Attachments

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is the Dianese Next Safety Jacket for comparison

Attachments

·
dnt b a clwn thro it down
775 Posts
I am in the process of getting a Dainese Next Safety Jacket. If you're willing to spend the extra dough might as well.

But what's wrong with your jacket right now?

·
Doesnt ride Banshees
1,406 Posts
The #1 thing i hate about jackets like those are they ride up. I ended up goin with a dainese shuttle suit (the head to toe one) for dh race only and it fits well. Its hard to get out of tho. I hear alot of people running the bottom dainiese piece with the bib and a safety jacket, if i could do it over again i would do that. after all that random dribbling on, what im trying to say if the dainese i own fits very well and you'll be get a good product.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would go with the regular Safty Jacket next if you must have Dainese. I saw one of the race cut jackets and they are a bit lighter but they don't have the same ventalation as the reg. safety jackets. the race cut seem to be hotter. I have a new Flak Jacket and I think they are less bulky this year than the past one. you should give them a try because Ithink they protect well and are like a third of the price.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I have the Next jacket

j6105 said:
here is the Dianese Next Safety Jacket for comparison
and wore it for 4 hours shuttling yesterday. It feels bulky when you first put it but after a couple of minutes it feels like its not even there. I had a stack on my last run and didnt feel a thing!! Dianese are the best. I tried on the 661 and 661 SP when I was weighing up my purchase and both felt very uncomfortable compared to the Dianese. Im sure with either you'll be happy.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I have had a few Dainese jackest over the years. The biggest problem I have had is tearing the open mesh on the jackets from '02 - '04. The '05 Race Cut may be a small bit warmer than a non-reinforced Next or Saftety jacket, but it will last a lot longer. If I'm spending $300 - $400 on a jacket I want it to last a few years if possible.

·
Registered
689 Posts
upper suits are for pony riders.

Jk on the serious check out the new TLD jacket, Its way cheap and looks really nice, or as nice as the dianese stuff. All the dianese Ive tried on seemes sub-par especially for the price. But pretty much all upper body armour is a pain in the ass, lately due to heat ive been racing in shins only just for comfort. Im not trying to sound hardcore but I only feel its necessary to wear armour on super high speed courses because half the time your not going fast enough to do any real damage besides cuts and scrapes. Plus it gives you more incentive not to crash I guess?

Ill prb go down super hard after saying all this.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
I don't wear upper body amour mainly because I find all of them that I have used too constricting, and I'm riding in some of the rockiest terrain in So Cal, where small fall into these rocks can means serious consequences. I've only owned 661 stuff, and it's total crap. This summer I'm going to get a next cut for whistler, mainly because of fear of fatigue from so much riding. I wouldn't wear knee/shin guards either before I got Dainese, though, so yeah.

·
Registered
689 Posts
konabiker said:
I don't wear upper body amour mainly because I find all of them that I have used too constricting, and I'm riding in some of the rockiest terrain in So Cal, where small fall into these rocks can means serious consequences. I've only owned 661 stuff, and it's total crap. This summer I'm going to get a next cut for whistler, mainly because of fear of fatigue from so much riding. I wouldn't wear knee/shin guards either before I got Dainese, though, so yeah.
weak sauce, all the racer bizzles rock it bare. Dianese is so 2002 anyway.

·
dnt b a clwn thro it down
775 Posts
konabiker said:
When are you guys heading out to Whistler?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.