Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
older Boardwalk Conversion

very old Boardwalks have a quill stem assembly. Most are 1 inch headtube some are 1 1/8.
It is correct that these handleposts are no longer available, but the link above shows an easy conversion to a newer and better setup.

·
Bike for the heck of it!
112 Posts
Is there a way to get a replacement Dahon Curve D3 rear wheel? I asked before, you responded via email, and nothing has come of it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a way to get a replacement Dahon Curve D3 rear wheel? I asked before, you responded via email, and nothing has come of it.
sorry …. that's one of the few items I don't have. Have asked headquarters but no luck so far Thanks Thor

·
Registered
147 Posts
Is there something proprietary about the Curve D3 rear wheel? Is it anything other than a 305 rim laced to a three speed hub of the correct OLD?

·
Bike for the heck of it!
112 Posts
Is there something proprietary about the Curve D3 rear wheel? Is it anything other than a 305 rim laced to a three speed hub of the correct OLD?
I could easily acquire a hub & rim, but I no longer have an LBS mechanic to lace it for me. Carl retired, and he EARNED IT! LOL!!! But, there's nothing proprietary about it otherwise,...I'm just not skilled to do it myself. Otherwise, I'd go with a Sturmey-Archer 8 speed hub instead,...:)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can send us the parts, we have spokes and a wheelbuilder here, he could lace it true it to perfection …. just in case
Thanks Thor

·
turtles make me hot
11,483 Posts
Too bad. I put Velocity Cliffhangers on my 20" wheel Dahon and they are perfect for that application. They don't come in 16.

·
4,460 Posts
I have a 16" wheel, 3 speed IGH and a steel rim if it might help you. Pay the shipping and it's yours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts