Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I am looking for a new frame to replace my Pargon that broke and i am having a hard time finding one with a short enough head tube to fit my fork. anyone know the measurement on the d660 headtube?

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have a Redline Flight. Not sure if it's the same dimensions as the D660 but my bike's head tube (size Large) measured 4". I have a Fisher Ferrous as well, also a size Large and it measured just slightly over 3.5"

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
...you don't mention what size frame you're looking at...

g1 fisher 29ers 21" frame... HT is at 105mm

my 21 karate monkey has a 95mm tube
my 21 d440 has a 110mm (should be same as the d460) no clue on the 660...
20 Salsa El Mariachi = 110mm
both 19.5 and 21 on one inbred has a 105mm

·
Registered
820 Posts
My 17" D440 is right at 100mm, or 4 inches.They don't publish that spec on their website. I'm betting you'll be alright; I'd be very suprised if the head tube lengths varied that much between models, since they're all suspension corrected.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Doggity said:
My 17" D440 is right at 100mm, or 4 inches.They don't publish that spec on their website. I'm betting you'll be alright; I'd be very suprised if the head tube lengths varied that much between models, since they're all suspension corrected.
"suspension corrected" only implies where the bottom of the headtube is; it does not imply anything about how tall the headtube is above that point.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Doggity said:
Well, now....that is true. But they can't be too tall, or they'd put the bars too high. That was what I was drivin' at..:)
That is true too. But that is also the general idea with longer headtubes on larger frames. The people that need 21"+ seattubes probably want their handlebars higher from the ground, thus the difference between sizes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.