Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got a few sizes of the new D600. Here's a 15".

Chromoly frame.
BB5 160 rear 185 front (nice touch)
Syncros stem and bars
Rockshox Dart 3 w/lockout
SRAM 24 speed
WTB Prowler tires
Sealed bearing hubs
28-38-bashguard

Seems like a decent bike for a modest price MSRP $849. I'd prefer a Tora and BB7, but that would jack up the price.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked at one of these in the bike shop a few days ago and liked it. I can't find any reviews or opinions on it anywhere. What do you think of it so far? Pros/Cons?

·
Registered
41 Posts
BikerBob, what's your inseam?

I see you have the 15" inch version of the D600. looking for that size for my wife. Can I ask, what's your inseam? Do you have a long torso?

Have you experienced any issues with your foot hitting the front tire?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm newbie at Mt biking, I've been riding my friends spare 26ers on single track and decided I wanted my own bike. I checked a few LBS's and one tried to convince me that I needed to spend $1500.00 or more to get a decent bike. One dealer was great and tried to find a bike with solid components and was within my budget. They had a 19" Redline D600 and they let me try it out, it was awesome, great on uphill, fast on downhil,l handled switchback's with ease. The dealer quoted me $850.00 I told him I wanted read a few reviews and I would get back to him, not much out there but what I did find was favorable. It's listed as one of the top mountain bikes under $1000.00 at bikeradar.com. I'm going to go back to the LBS this week and put down a down payment on one.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/best-mountain-bikes-under-1000-30433/

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought one of these last Monday. I love it, I live in Washington and really haven't had a good chance to ride it. I have ridden it around my house and through the local park. It is a great bike. it climbs hill like a beast. I got the all black 19'' frame. I want to change out the front crankset when I get the extra cash just because it is cheap and all one piece so if you ever had or wanted to change out the rings you would be screwed. I will take some pictures tonight and post them. I got it for $519 new right out of the box. I had to order it because non of the bike shops had it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts