Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if anyone on here is riding a d440 with a suspension fork. I've had my d440 for close to a year with a decent amount of trail time and have recently been considering adding a suspension fork. I've been looking at the Manitou Minute. Any recommendations/reviews would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
search... if you get the deal from jenson its awesome...

it's a great bike and i'm still fighting with myself on weather to stick my good parts on it or my karate monkey... i'm going with a g2 tora off a cobia cause it's cheap so i can't help with the fork :)

but it's def worth a sprung front end

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
yup you'll need a new hub... and while your there may as well get an entire new wheel... so adds a lot to the expense... unless you can build your own wheel...

·
sonoranbiker
503 Posts
I have been running a Reba Race on my MC29 (basically the same frame, but with horizontal drop-outs) for a year now, and have been very satisfied. I even bumped the travel up to 100mm for a little extra cush, and it still rides like a champ.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Same here, I have a Mono 9 and put WB Magic on it before I even rode it. The Magic is OK, but I would really like to get a Reba 100mm in the near future.

You will need a new hub if you go to a TA. I just stayed QR and used the same wheel. Good luck!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I haven't yet, but will probably wind up putting a fork on either the d440 or my Flight 29er.... probably the d440. The RST M-29 seems to be well liked without costing a fortune... It's currently at the top of my list.

·
Registered
501 Posts
1234mtb said:
So I take it the 08 Reba Race is a pretty decent fork? I've ridden a bike with the fox 29er fork but that is a little beyond my budget.
Do some searching around here... I believe the consensus was that the '08 was kind of flexy and that the RST m-29 or an 09 Reba was the way to go.... I could be waaayyy off though. I'm still rollin rigid and just read suspension threads to kill time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.