Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
cdburch said:
It would be nice to see all the people kicking and screaming about Missy put that energy toward helping out or spreading the word about Tara instead...
Missy got caught for trafficking a substance that should have never been made illegal in the first place, so I can see where that's coming from.

But IIRC, when Tara had her accident, there was just as much publicity about it as when Missy got arrested. I see what you mean though.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
rmb_mike said:
Missy got caught for trafficking a substance that should have never been made illegal in the first place, so I can see where that's coming from.

But IIRC, when Tara had her accident, there was just as much publicity about it as when Missy got arrested. I see what you mean though.
Just because there are worse things to smoke out there, some of which are legal (tobacco), does not mean marijuana is ok to smoke. However, I agree that it should not be demonized the way it has been. But that is mostly 1950's propaganda, and the kids today are mostly unaware of that.

If it was illegal to pain your car red, you should get the law changed, not smuggle in ten thousand gallons of red paint, presumably with intent to sell.

In this instance, marijuana is closer to alcohol than tobacco. It has health benefits for some people, but others are unsuited to its use, and some may die. The concept of public health stewardship is an important one. Getting kids vaccinated, steering them away from toxic substances is part of that. There are few controlled studies with marijuana, for all we know there is worse risk of cancer than tobacco, it doesn't look like that, but it is still possible. Just like tobacco causes bladder cancer was unanticipated, it could be that marijuana use contributes to pancreatic, gallbladder or some other problem.

·
Registered
875 Posts
rdhfreethought said:
Just because there are worse things to smoke out there, some of which are legal (tobacco), does not mean marijuana is ok to smoke. However, I agree that it should not be demonized the way it has been. But that is mostly 1950's propaganda, and the kids today are mostly unaware of that.

If it was illegal to pain your car red, you should get the law changed, not smuggle in ten thousand gallons of red paint, presumably with intent to sell.

In this instance, marijuana is closer to alcohol than tobacco. It has health benefits for some people, but others are unsuited to its use, and some may die. The concept of public health stewardship is an important one. Getting kids vaccinated, steering them away from toxic substances is part of that. There are few controlled studies with marijuana, for all we know there is worse risk of cancer than tobacco, it doesn't look like that, but it is still possible. Just like tobacco causes bladder cancer was unanticipated, it could be that marijuana use contributes to pancreatic, gallbladder or some other problem.
I understand, but I was said what I said because I know there are countless people who feel like I do in the sense that MJ should be legal...which is the reason, I speculate, caused such an uproar about Missy being arrested. I wasn't necessarily tryin to jump up on my soap box and force my opinion on urbody.

Now, as for the MJ...me smoking MJ has no bearing on anyone but me. Unless I have a family, friends, etc. that depend on me and the MJ caused me to be unreliable (which I don't), I don't want anyone (especially legislators) telling me what I can and can't do with my own body (short of infringing on anyone else's rights). But then again, LEGAL alcohol can cause people to become useless and unreliable as well.

But anyway, that's pretty dope of Tara getting back on the wheels and rippin it up. I'd love to try one of those 4 wheelers, but I don't think they'd fare too well on skinnies and narrow dirt jumps. LOL

·
Registered
875 Posts
rpet said:
ok pot-debate dorks - get out of this thread and say something nice about Tara.
Both of my 'dork' pro-pot debate posts do have postive statements about Tara. Kiss. My. Ass.

·
my fun has a hurting
658 Posts
Oh I am all for decriminalization(of simple possesion) and/or legalization of most drugs. BUT Missy knew what she was doing is currently illegal and she choose to do it anyway. She made a stupid, illegal decision and got caught. That's the difference.

Full disclosure: I'm straightedge. But pro decriminalization.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.