Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as to what psi folks are running on their Czars. I know, I know, sag is best way to go, and that's what I'm doing. I'm about 10 psi below riding weight (about 200 lbs) and am getting close to about 9mm of sag. But in the past I've had suspicions about my pump (got contaminated by oil at one point...don't ask)

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Fully geared up I set sag anywhere from 25 to 30 percent for trail riding. First bike EVER that works great at 30% sag and still pedals like a XC bike. PSI seems to be around 25-30psi less than body weight on my pump.

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
I've got the anal-retentive engineer's digital pump, and have settled on about 10 or 12 psi below BAN weight for smooth stuff or actual racing, and about 18 or 20 below for more rugged trails or more casual days.

Westin is right. Even at 30% sag, the bike pedals great, but I still have that silly psychological hang up of thinking a firmer ride must be faster.............and I have a big squishy bike for days that I want a big squishy ride.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
what shock pump you guys are using to get that 2psi difference?
I am using the stock fox pump and its dial is by 10psi increment,
I just estimate if I need a pressure in between...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.