Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have currently owned a Dualcross 300 with the NiMH battery for over 2 years now and I have to say that my experience with it has been very positive. I used it for commuting on the road at night and for night rides on the trails and I have to say that for the price and other lights I have used in the past I am sold on cygolite products and I am sticking with this brand.

Well since X-mas is literally right around the corner, I'm getting a new light from Santa. And I am looking at the MityCross 350 LED. So far all of the reviews I have come across have been positive but I have not been able to find any reviews comparing the Dualcross 300 to the MityCross 350 LED.

I know the Mitycross will be lighter and brighter but will it still a solid light for heavy trail rides... especially for being such a smaller light? And from info I have gained on this board, I know that lighting technology has come a long way over the last few years so I am going to assume that the Mitycross is going to be a good upgrade over the Dualcross but I would still like hear opinions on this matter.

So does anyone have any experience with the Dualcross 300 (or 200) and the MityCross 350 LED?
And if so can you give me a quick low-down about your experience with both?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi, i am also a dualcross 300 user here for 2 years but i already upgraded the LED's to Cree R2 models for more than a year already. It made a big difference in brightness compared to the original LED's. If you have the time or patience to upgrade your existing light you dont need to buy a new one because upgrading the bulbs would be brighter or the same output as the mitycross 350.

·
way out where
10 Posts
I have had a dualcross 200 for 2+ years and upgraded the LEDs to the Cree R2 as well. I purchased a mitycross 350 in April'09 as a helmet mounted light to supplement the bar mounted dualcross 200. The mitycross 350 is brighter than my dualcross 200 with its upgraded LEDs. The mitycross 350 in my opinion seems to be built better (fit and finish) than the dualcross 200. My mitycross 350s first outing, as a solo light, was a 24hr race in the rain and mud. It survived without any issues and had a 4+ hour battery life.

I have used a HiFlux 100, dualcross 200, and mitycross 350 as solo lights on rides, however I like having a two light set up. It gives me better depth perception while riding trails. The mitycross 350 is smaller, lighter, brighter, and has a metal housing vs. the plastic housing of the dualcross 200. I think that they are both good lights.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the input. Well, I have my Mitycross350 on the way and I'm looking forward to trying it out. Nice to know about upgrading the LEDs on my 300 to the Cree R2s. I assume that must be the upgrade Cygolite is talking about on thier website. I'm pleased with the output of light with the 300 but if I get more out of it then I'm in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.