Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am keen cyclist. Cycling to commute, for pleasure and fitness. A friend of mine has been talking about cycle cross and I am really keen to get into it. I want a bike that will last but I don't have a massive budget.

I can put forward £1050 towards a bike. I am 6'5 so I need a at least a 61 frame which seems to be a problem as a number of bikes I have found don't go that large.

I would be keen to hear what suggestion people have on bikes.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't know what they are going for over there but the Kona Jake the Snake is a great option. Or you could step down to just the regular Jake.

Also, on a cyclocross bike it is not uncommon to ride a smaller frame size than a road bike. Look at the measurements and not just the frame size.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You might want to take a look at some the bikes made by Genesis. They make a wide variety of cyclocross-style bikes that might be more suited to your type of riding than a dedicated racing machine. For instance, take a look at the Croix de Fer model. They make sizes of up 60 cm.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Another option would be some of the bikes from Salsa---they have dealers in the UK. For instance, the Salsa Vaya 2 would be in your price range and it is a very versatile bike. They also have a 60 cm frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.