viva la v-brakes!
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Really pisses me off

AZClydesdale said:
Oh no not another one...and he was in the bikelane too.
Very sad and scary.
I'm not a roadie, but my wife is. This makes me sick.

The piece of **** that hit him should be shot - I'm not being facetious. Just take him out back and put a bullet in his head. No loss whatsoever to the world. I'm not talking about locking him up and throwing away the key - that would require society to pay for and take care of him.

You tell me what redeeming value his life holds for this world. I'll tell you - absolutely nothing. He's a piece of **** and the world would be better off without that particular piece of **** in it.

So there...

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
How awful. Again.

Had a jackass honk and swerve into the bike lane yesterday as I was riding. Between the ones who do it on purpose and the ones who are just drunken f*ckups, I'm starting to feel like every day I come back in one piece is a lucky one. :(

p.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Paul B said:
Had a jackass honk and swerve into the bike lane yesterday as I was riding.
That just makes no phucking sense. I'd love to know his rationale. I mean, come on you have like 9/10s of the road as it is. You can't give us a sliver.

They ain't paying you enough to write that book.

BTW, have any good cycling recommendations in the Kingman area? :)

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
skinny-tire said:
That just makes no phucking sense. I'd love to know his rationale. I mean, come on you have like 9/10s of the road as it is. You can't give us a sliver.

I know why. Certain drivers have nothing better to do than hate cyclists. Even some of the people at my firm are very ignorant. Sometimes I think that the last two groups of people that are openly hated without reprisal are the overweight and the cyclists.

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
Un-freaking-believable!

Tuesday turned from a day of unbound promise into one of tragedy for Matt and Brenda Kelly.

They had learned that she was pregnant with their first child, and Matt had just found out that his master's thesis was reviewed, accepted and signed off by the NAU Department of Anthropology. They would celebrate that night with dinner.

Then, around 3:04 p.m., as he started out for a bicycle ride, it came to an abrupt end. He was hit from behind by a pickup truck while traveling westbound on Forest Avenue. The driver of the truck hit Matt, didn't stop and 12 minutes later caused another accident before a Department of Public Safety officer found the driver stopped after hitting a guard rail on Fort Valley Road.

The driver, Shaun Ray Price, 21 of Flagstaff, who had two prior felony DUI convictions, is charged with second-degree murder in connection with Matt's death.
Sad, sad, sad....

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
waltaz said:
You forgot smokers.
What kind of smokers? This whole thing is pretty sad. I think that the guilty party should pay with his life for creating such a tragedy. Better to stay on the single-track. My wife and I ride a road tandem quite a bit, and it really is a challenge for me to assume the responsibility of two lives and sometimes 3 when we tow our 16 month old behind us in his trailer. We may have to just stay indoors and play the x-box, get fat and start to smoke.

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
skinny-tire said:

Road or dirt, Jeff? I got it all, baybee.

p.

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
Dirdir said:
I just read that and it sent shivers down my spine. Very sad. Everyone, please be careful out there while riding and driving. Car accidents are perhaps the greatest danger to all of us, cyclists and non-cyclists alike.
Mee to. I agree!

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Noelg said:
Sad, sad, sad....
I just read that and it sent shivers down my spine. Very sad. Everyone, please be careful out there while riding and driving. Car accidents are perhaps the greatest danger to all of us, cyclists and non-cyclists alike.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
skinny-tire said:
What the hell is this suppose to mean (friggin Valley boy)?
Jeff, this is a serious thread. Please take your sarcasm elsewhere. Geez. It never stops with you does it? As for the Irish, freaking lushes that worship some dude that got rid of the snakes.

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
That's too bad. That guy should go to jail forever (at least) for that.

Unfortunatly, as long as cars are still hitting other cars, they'll be hitting bicyclists as well.

Maybe someone can design a nice hip/femur holster that is comfortable to use while riding.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.