Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i am buying new cycling glasses and i am choosing between 3 models ; Oakley flight jacket, 100% S3 and Smith wildcat. Is anyone using any model of those glasses can write their experience with them ?

Thank you

·
high pivot witchcraft
6,705 Posts
I wish I could wear any glasses these days. The heat this summer has resulted in a daily waterfall of sweat from my forehead.

Otherwise, I'm an Oakley guy. Prizm Trail lenses.

I have a few pairs but like these the best:

Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Cloud Mountain Tire

·
jcd's best friend
3,650 Posts
I used to wear Oakley Jawbreaker glasses when I was riding road/gravel bikes. What works pretty well are those cheap yellow tinted glasses you can buy from a hardware store. You should be able to see very well while on a mountain bike.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm on Oakley too (Radar for me), but contrary to others, I wouldn't recommend Prizm Trail lenses. If you are riding in complete shadow, or on full sunshine or on fully cloudy day, they are great, but as soon as you get into sunshine/shadow combination, they are way worse then for example G30 lenses. Shadow is ok, but sunny spots are like completely blown off and you don't see anything on those spots. So as far as I'm concerned, Oakley, but anything else then Prizm Trail lenses.

·
MTBR Member since 2001...
330 Posts
I like the way oakleys look, but I have never found one that fits me right. Definitely try them on and like others mentioned, go outside and see if you like your vision under varying lighting and conditions. Bright sunlight, overcast, shadows, etc.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm on Oakley too (Radar for me), but contrary to others, I wouldn't recommend Prizm Trail lenses. If you are riding in complete shadow, or on full sunshine or on fully cloudy day, they are great, but as soon as you get into sunshine/shadow combination, they are way worse then for example G30 lenses. Shadow is ok, but sunny spots are like completely blown off and you don't see anything on those spots. So as far as I'm concerned, Oakley, but anything else then Prizm Trail lenses.
I mostly ride XC/road trails.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I mostly ride XC/road trails.
So do I, at least XC part, and I still think Prizm trail is worse option for that. For road it would probably work, as terrain is different afterall and you can get away with that, but for XC you still have whole bunch of stuff on ground and those blown up overexposed spots are really annoying, so for mtb, I'm still on old G30 lenses, and Prizm trail went to glasses I use for trail running and xc skiing in winter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.