Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
29er and 26er
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys -- I'm looking at buying a Cycle Trainer and I'm considering the following 2 options. All of the reveiws on both seem good to me.

Have any of you had any experience with either, or could recommend anything else. The only other real requirement I have is I would like to put my 29er on what ever trainer I get.

Thanks!

Choice #1 -- Cycle-Ops Jetfluid Pro Trainer
Choice #2 -- Kinetic Road Machine

·
29er and 26er
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Between those two I would choose the Kurt. I have generally preferred fluid trainers over magnetic because they seem both quieter and smoother when spinning up. That said, I have no direct experience with the Supermagneto. I do like CycleOps fluid trainers though.
I listed the Supermagnitic Pro by mistake and you must have replyed before I fixed it. I now have the Jetfluid Pro listed in its place.

Out of those two I take it you would choose the Cycle-Ops?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Between those two I would choose the Kurt. I have generally preferred fluid trainers over magnetic because they seem both quieter and smoother when spinning up. That said, I have no direct experience with the Supermagneto. I do like CycleOps fluid trainers though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would go with the Kurt, unless the CycleOps is significantly cheaper and you need to save money. Both are good products but I think Kurt edges out CycleOps in terms of quality.

·
Registered
480 Posts
i use a minoura rim drive to warm up before races, it allows the use of knobby tires and different wheel sizes. It's not really a great quality trainer I'd use in the winter day in day out but for my purpose it is good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts