Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a pair of road shoes that fit really tight. Not cutting circulation tight but very snug. They fit really well around the ankles, and definitely won't slip, but the toe box is a bit crowded. Can I expect some stretch (these are Diadoras and same size as my DMTs, but one (Euro) size less than my Shimano mtb shoes) in the toe area or should I offload them before I use them?

·
Gravity Tester
549 Posts
If they're constructed of man-made materials (as I would expect), I wouldn't anticipate much, if any, stretching. Considering how many pedal strokes you'll be mashing your toes into a too tight toe area, I'd say ebay them before you get them stinky.

Bought 'em on-line didja?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Auction for $7.00 so I'm not hitting myself. Brand new, I'm sure someone will like them. I figured Diadora might fit the same as DMT but no such luck, the toe box on the DMT is definitely wider.

·
kneecap
1,642 Posts
I purchased a pair of Sette Epic mtb shoes a while back in my usual size. Great shoes, & reasonably priced, they did however stretch a noticably amount, so I'm considering getting another pair one size down. They are constructed out of man made materials, so :confused:

·
Gravity Tester
549 Posts
kneecap said:
I purchased a pair of Sette Epic mtb shoes a while back in my usual size. Great shoes, & reasonably priced, they did however stretch a noticably amount, so I'm considering getting another pair one size down. They are constructed out of man made materials, so :confused:
Those Epic shoes have considerable amounts of mesh fabric that probably accounts for the stretch. The Diadora road models don't have much if any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.