Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to ride either Cuyamaca or the Lagunas on Saturday, 12/19. Has anyone been up there this week/last weekend? I don't want to waste a trip up there if the ground is still too soggy.

· Nothing to see here
891 Posts
OK, I rode Oakzanita Peak, East Mesa fireroad, West Side trail and the fireroad up past the Cuyamaca School area on Saturday, 12/19. Skipped some of the upper areas due to the high winds. The wind was temporary, so here's the scouting report:

Dirt is in excellent shape! Firm, slightly moist in spots, no mud anywhere. The problem, and it's a big one, are the blown down trees all over the place. The trees are a big drag, constantly breaking the flow. Once the rangers chainsaw them the place will be great again.

· BM and PQ Trail Rep
1,966 Posts
Rode Laguna Lakes and Noble today (12/20)

MTP is right about the trees. Watch yourself if you are coming around a blind corner. We cleared two large jams. There are many that will take chainsaws to clear.

The soil is firm and tacky. It was a blast. There was an occasional patch of snow but you had to look very hard. Only a few points of moisture (two) where there was actually mud on the the trail. Even the long sand slog up extra credit was unbelievably firm. Cold in the morning and cool in the afternoon.

Go!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.