Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the lack of other pictures....my friends batteries diedin the Camera.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So..there is a place in Nor Cal which I am dubbing "Cutty Camp". Its home to the only serious ladder bridges in Marin county. Also home to some kick ass Downhills. Its cutty so details are on the down-low.

I recently found out that "Corkscrew"....a trail with ladder bridges and stunts was to be torn down this Sunday (11/27/05). I was shocked/pissed so instead of sitting at home doing nothing me and my friends hit the stunts. We might go back Friday....I'm tempted to go Sunday and talk with the lady but she'll proabobly rip our heads off with a rusty shovel.

Enjoy the pics....I know I will when I know it's torn down....

On a side note I did proabobly one of the cooler things I've ever done on my bike. I hit a gap up to flat ladder bridge. Its a 3 1/2 foot jump that launches you onto a 5 foot high flat ladder bridge and drops you flat. It was kinda scary but speed was your friend.

#1: Me on the Teeter
#2: MTBR user "awr94903" on the teeter
#3: My friend on the teeter
#4: Me posting with my Deviant (BTW the helmet owns)
#5: The gap up to flat then drop off.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
dude i live right by that trail. its awsome. I cant believe its gowing to be taken down. I have to go ride it before its gone.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
great looking stunts. i want to build one of those step ups sooo bad every picture i see of one it makes me more jealous of em. i just dont have the space for one. ill figure it out. sucks to hearthere tearign them down. i would talk to whomever is doign the tearing, whats the worst that could happen?

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
austinb89 said:
great looking stunts. i want to build one of those step ups sooo bad every picture i see of one it makes me more jealous of em. i just dont have the space for one. ill figure it out. sucks to hearthere tearign them down. i would talk to whomever is doign the tearing, whats the worst that could happen?
Well technically were trespassing...and its not cool. If I bought a lot of land...I wouldn't want people doing some crazy crap on it that puts me at risk of injuries and possibly even deaths. Its not that they don't like biking..its liability.

I don't know how we can save them. The posting says we have till Sunday 11/27 to take themdown outselves or else they are being ripped down. It'll take a LOT of time to take them down...but took proabobly even more time to put up.

Makes me mad...I was gonna spend a lot of summer time here.

·
Registered
938 Posts
If I were you, I'd do anything I could to move some of those stunts elsewhere at least those easly removable parts! I know how much time it takes to build anything,,,, and the 'NS-policy' in my town is even worse than in yours.... plus some junkies smashing stunts just for fun....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts