Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
574 Posts
Crockpot2001 said:
Anyone with experience here? I searched their site and this one but failed to find relevant info. Advice appreciated.
I cut my Pro Moto's from 660mm to 620mm.

For cutting cutting carbon bars and steerer tubes I use a Park Tool SG-6 threadless saw guide and a hacksaw with a fine blade (30 tpi or greater). After cutting I file down the edges making sure their are no frayed fibers.

Alpha Q, the makers of Salsa's carbon bars, have a lot of good tech resources on their site.

Click Here

Cheers,

Josh

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joshua Pattersnap said:
I cut my Pro Moto's from 660mm to 620mm.

For cutting cutting carbon bars and steerer tubes I use a Park Tool SG-6 threadless saw guide and a hacksaw with a fine blade (30 tpi or greater). After cutting I file down the edges making sure their are no frayed fibers.

Alpha Q, the makers of Salsa's carbon bars, have a lot of good tech resources on their site.

Click Here

Cheers,

Josh
Many thanks! The bars are on my wife's new niner. She was ridding bars at 610 mm for the last 2 years. In haste, I put her bike together and did not tell her how much wider her 660 bars were or that they were even different in any way. Her comments ranged from "wow, I can really crank on the bike" to "What new bars?".

The slightly sad part is that a couple days after the Niner was built up, Salsa announced the new FS 29er. Well, what a waste of a good summer waiting for the new bike to come out. She loves the Niner AND the wide Salsa bars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.