Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cutting my hair to make my helmet fit better???

9K views 39 replies 23 participants last post by  SHIVER ME TIMBERS 
#1 ·
Hey everyone i just got my 661 flight today and its a large and a little tight, my hair is about 3.5 inches long in the front and a little shorter in the back. Would cutting my hair down to 1 inch in the front and a half in the back fix the helmet being tight??

#11 ·
Mwehahaha said:
Wrong, it does make a difference, but you will need to buzz your head in order to notice the difference.

I went from pretty long hair to 1" and my FF suddenly fit right again... I am the tall guy in the middle.
I agree, when it gets close to gettin' my hair cut, my helmets gets tight and won't fit right. Get it cut and see....it's hair, it'll grow back while you've forgot about it and yer ridin' yer bike. I wouldn't cut it drastically at 1st, you can always go back and cut more off if you don't buzz it.

Funny thing, when I buzzed mine a few yrs back, it didn't help me at all w/sweating and being hot, it was the same if it was long or short.

#15 ·
ryan_daugherty said:
dude, if you hair is thick it makes a HUGE difference. for the winter I usually have long hair and then cut it for the summer. However one year i didn't and my helmet didn't get close to fitting.. I cut it and it was moderately loose.

try helmets one before you buy is my best advice.
Chuck Norris don't try stuff on, he buys it and returns it when it don't fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.