Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
SS FR HT
Joined
·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i just got my 661 flight today and its a large and a little tight, my hair is about 3.5 inches long in the front and a little shorter in the back. Would cutting my hair down to 1 inch in the front and a half in the back fix the helmet being tight??
 

·
SS FR HT
Joined
·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just spent 180 on the helmet and it would cost another 40 to get a extra large, would cutting my hair fix the size issue
 

·
moaaar shimz
Joined
·
9,125 Posts
New helmets always feel very tight... you can wash the liner or use it for a while and it will make it feel better.

No, cutting your hair won't do that much difference.
 

·
The Beaver
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
tacubaya said:
No, cutting your hair won't do that much difference.
Wrong, it does make a difference, but you will need to buzz your head in order to notice the difference.

I went from pretty long hair to 1" and my FF suddenly fit right again... I am the tall guy in the middle.
 

·
moaaar shimz
Joined
·
9,125 Posts
Mwehahaha said:
Wrong, it does make a difference, but you will need to buzz your head in order to notice the difference.

I went from pretty long hair to 1" and my FF suddenly fit right again... I am the tall guy in the middle.
1 inch of hair wont do any difference.
 

·
moaaar shimz
Joined
·
9,125 Posts
Hmmm... at least you are not wearing lycras in the pic. It would have been very ghay...

Btw. The girl looks hot.
 

·
The Beaver
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
tacubaya said:
Hmmm... at least you are not wearing lycras in the pic. It would have been very ghay...

Btw. The girl looks hot.
Ha, yeah my coach told us that we were all supposed too... hehehe and she is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
dude, if you hair is thick it makes a HUGE difference. for the winter I usually have long hair and then cut it for the summer. However one year i didn't and my helmet didn't get close to fitting.. I cut it and it was moderately loose.

try helmets one before you buy is my best advice.
 

·
Some Assembly Required
Joined
·
4,063 Posts
Mwehahaha said:
Wrong, it does make a difference, but you will need to buzz your head in order to notice the difference.

I went from pretty long hair to 1" and my FF suddenly fit right again... I am the tall guy in the middle.
I agree, when it gets close to gettin' my hair cut, my helmets gets tight and won't fit right. Get it cut and see....it's hair, it'll grow back while you've forgot about it and yer ridin' yer bike. I wouldn't cut it drastically at 1st, you can always go back and cut more off if you don't buzz it.

Funny thing, when I buzzed mine a few yrs back, it didn't help me at all w/sweating and being hot, it was the same if it was long or short.
 

·
El Pollo Diablo
Joined
·
1,473 Posts
OP has a reverse mullet?
that's pretty rad.

And yeah, even if you dont have 'that much' hair, a trim can change your helmet fit quite a bit.

just say no to jailbait!
 

·
Some Assembly Required
Joined
·
4,063 Posts
ryan_daugherty said:
dude, if you hair is thick it makes a HUGE difference. for the winter I usually have long hair and then cut it for the summer. However one year i didn't and my helmet didn't get close to fitting.. I cut it and it was moderately loose.

try helmets one before you buy is my best advice.

Chuck Norris don't try stuff on, he buys it and returns it when it don't fit.
 

·
SS FR HT
Joined
·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my hair hangs done in my eyes. its not going to be super short, or and i have really thick hair. im going to try and cut it it would take off 2.5 inches
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
708 Posts
tacubaya said:
Hmmm... at least you are not wearing lycras in the pic. It would have been very ghay...

Btw. The girl looks hot.
that girl's NOT hot. That's probably because you mexicans have ugly women, so some random girl appears hot to you...:p
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top