Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have suggestions on what to do to my kona to make it that much better and stand out more from all the others?

·
No longer riding a haro!
725 Posts
Is it the orange 2004 model? What new parts are allready on it? How much are you wanting to spend? More towards trail riding, big drops, or downhill??

Answer those and I, and other people will get a better idea of what you want. ;)

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haromtnbiker said:
Is it the orange 2004 model? What new parts are allready on it? How much are you wanting to spend? More towards trail riding, big drops, or downhill??

Answer those and I, and other people will get a better idea of what you want. ;)
yes it is an 04 orange model, i have a atomlab trail pimp on it in the back(got for real cheap), seat, seatpost, derailuer. im more into droppin and downhill.

·
No longer riding a haro!
725 Posts
A new fork, something like a Super T. Then you would need a new front hub, 20mm.
A new rear shock would also be beneficail. I sound sophisticated. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
If you want your bike to stand out from "all the others" - work on your riding.

I remember riding with a guy a few years ago who, at the time, had one of the nicest bikes I'd seen - but he couldn't ride it for sh1t. A talentless hack with a nice bike is just a talentless hack with a nice bike.

·
No longer riding a haro!
725 Posts
s1ngletrack said:
If you want your bike to stand out from "all the others" - work on your riding.

I remember riding with a guy a few years ago who, at the time, had one of the nicest bikes I'd seen - but he couldn't ride it for sh1t. A talentless hack with a nice bike is just a talentless hack with a nice bike.
Good point, you will probably stand out better at the trail because of your riding than your bike....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.