Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am really intrigued with new Balance, particularly on geo. I am wondering how new Canfield is doing with their customer service. Their warranty period is rather short, but it is not a deal breaker for me since it is very subjective. However, I am curious to see if anyone has had any replacement or parts request with them already. If so, how it was handled? I hate to see such a beautiful bike sitting in my bike cave for a long time to get a part if that happens.....

·
Registered
634 Posts
I can’t speak to the new Canfield, but the old Canfield treated me right when the aluminum bottom bracket shell on my EPO came unglued from its carbon host. They sent a new frame immediately.
I would guess that the new Canfield would similarly stand behind their products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had a catastrophic shock failure on my Riot that turned into a frame failure when the rear triangle suddenly got friendly with the front triangle... I called, they had my warranty frame on the way. Best warranty experience I've ever had.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your inputs guys! I have read many good reviews on their support, but I wasn't sure how their restructuring was affecting their resources and support services. I think pretty much all reputable bike brands are suffering at some levels right now.

One thing I am still concerned about is top tube cracks on their balance and other ones. I wonder if they resolve that issue with new one. Of course, we won't know that since it is too early to tell on their new bikes.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Thank you for your inputs guys! I have read many good reviews on their support, but I wasn't sure how their restructuring was affecting their resources and support services. I think pretty much all reputable bike brands are suffering at some levels right now.

One thing I am still concerned about is top tube cracks on their balance and other ones. I wonder if they resolve that issue with new one. Of course, we won't know that since it is too early to tell on their new bikes.
If you look at the older bikes vs new bikes you'll see gussets at the head tube. This strengthens the area you're concerned about.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you look at the older bikes vs new bikes you'll see gussets at the head tube. This strengthens the area you're concerned about.
I see it now. Thank you for the information. New Balance may be exactly what I am looking for. I am not looking for a super long reach plow bike. I would like to bunny hop high. So a super long reach bike seems to be little difficult for me to get used to..... I have to put more effort on bringing the nose up rather than using my leg springs to go up. It is not a short reach bike, but the combination of slightly higher stack with a short chainstay may do the trick. I would love to test ride it though.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The Balance is the best bike I've ridden thus far. The short chain stays make it very playful and yet it's stable going fast down. The models from 2016 and newer have tons of gussets and uses 7005 aluminum vs the chealer 6061. My buddy and I have been punishing our Balances for 3 years and they still ride great and with the raw finish it still looks good. When it's time to replace it, I am definitely getting another.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts