Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just need to fume some built-up frustration with the "famed" customer support
i "was" a proud owner of a knolly warden !!!
I rode my frame for about 3 years and then discovered a crack in the frame (around welding on the seat tube)
Bicycle Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Blue Bicycle fork
Bicycle Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Automotive tire White

I contact KNOLLY and indeed got a quick response and they sent me a new frame ...

2 years have passed and again a crack happened on the same spot :-(
Green Sports equipment Automotive lighting Bicycle accessory Motor vehicle
Green Sports equipment Automotive lighting Bicycle accessory Motor vehicle

now, this is weird and very disappointing as it looks like a real problem with the FRAME !!!

I contact them again and got a quick response to send the documents (sent them the original docs and the new pictures they requested) and from then, 2 weeks ago, not a word back
I pinged them and demanded an answer, mind you that I don't want a complete positive answer (although I expect it as it seems some manufacturing problem that keeps happening), but any answer about what will happen and the time frame.
I am currently hanging in the air and cant ride and even plan what to do next

very frustrating as I was expecting a good service as I had before but seems that some things do change !!!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can give them flexibility but they need also to accommodate my needs for some answers.
they can get back to me and say that they have a supply problem and that I should wait for 1 month. if this is the answer I can decide what to do but the problem is that I didn't get ANY answer. so i can't do anything cause i don't want that if I do have a valid warranty claim it will be void

this is a BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

Evolutionsverlierer
I know it sucks but I really would give them benefit of the doubt.
Here in the US a lot of things we were custom to do not work the way they did for quite some time now and there is no real end in sight so far.
I would continue to be firm and friendly with the communication while giving them extra time.

Good luck with your endeavor.

since 4/10/2009
You must forget (or maybe you haven't realized this yet) that right now, one of the areas where many companies are hurting most is with customer-facing staff. A lot of the reason for that is because during the pandemic, a lot of people left because they got fed the f*ck up with being treated poorly by customers, found other work (because jobs in other fields started opening up), and refuse to return to customer-facing jobs where they were treated poorly before.

That means longer wait times for customers seeking assistance. And if you show up with a bad attitude early, you're going to be less likely to get any help.

Maybe knolly will respond here and escalate your request. Maybe not. But you've absolutely got a bad attitude right now and maybe you should consider dialing it back.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You must forget (or maybe you haven't realized this yet) that right now, one of the areas where many companies are hurting most is with customer-facing staff. A lot of the reason for that is because during the pandemic, a lot of people left because they got fed the f*ck up with being treated poorly by customers, found other work (because jobs in other fields started opening up), and refuse to return to customer-facing jobs where they were treated poorly before.

That means longer wait times for customers seeking assistance. And if you show up with a bad attitude early, you're going to be less likely to get any help.

Maybe knolly will respond here and escalate your request. Maybe not. But you've absolutely got a bad attitude right now and maybe you should consider dialing it back.
it is easy for you to say
i got an email in a day or two for the first contact and then after my responses, I didnt hear nothing so your theory about human shortage is false
as i said i am willing to wait but with some answers about what to expect. emailing a man back with an answer is not very hard and giving some time frame is even easier

and your condescending language about dialling it down is insulting

Registered
i got an email in a day or two for the first contact and then after my responses, I didnt hear nothing so your theory about human shortage is false
as i said i am willing to wait but with some answers about what to expect. emailing a man back with an answer is not very hard and giving some time frame is even easier

It's not hard to understand. Right now many businesses are understaffed. Bikes are in high demand right now. There are still only 24 hours in a day. Bottom line is there are too few people with too much on their plate. It's not like companies don't want to hire more people, there's just a lot of people who aren't ready to go back to work for various reasons. You should be patient and realize you are in a queue and they will eventually get back to you. As someone who deals with customers everyday I can tell you I don't prioritize people with bad attitudes or who make demands, they typically go to the bottom of the list.

Registered
I know everyone works electronically now, but you ever pick up the phone and call the person that you interacted with at the company? Emails can get lost or end up in a junk filter by accident. Sending more emails from the same thread can continue to end up in a junk filter. Maybe that person is on vacation or is no longer with the company. I get your frustration. Just saying maybe instead of venting here, dial the company and leave a few messages. Also escalate the emails. Maybe send a few nicely written emails stating the facts without the emotion to the president, vp, ceo, board of directors or whoever else is in upper management of the company. Usually this will get the ball moving becaise no one wants a call from their boss asking why they are getting emails about a problem. Like others have said, these are strange times and maybe assume positive intent from them before you assume the worst. Good luck.

since 4/10/2009

I'm glad that I'm insulting to you. That's the point.

But you're being awful presumptuous. You sent the documentation they asked for. Who's to say that the company is not evaluating your claim/request (alongside the other stuff on their list that they have to do)? What do you think they're doing, playing ping pong all day? Drinking tea and laughing at you?

Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
Any one of you online cacks would probably be just as frustrated as the OP if you were in his shoes.

Quickly replying asking for docs and then blowing them off is bullshit any way you slice it.
No one's disputing this. I'd be frustrated, too.
But I wouldn't go online to malign the company publicly just yet.
Nor would I put down people who are trying to understand and help me.
We just make targets of ourselves whenever we kick & scream and consider ourselves the center of the universe.
There are more rational approaches than the one OP is taking.
=sParty

Evolutionsverlierer
No one's disputing this. I'd be frustrated, too.
But I wouldn't go online to malign the company publicly just yet.
Nor would I put down people who are trying to understand and help me.
We just make targets of ourselves whenever we kick & scream and consider ourselves the center of the universe.
There are more rational approaches than the one OP is taking.
=sParty
Yeah but I think also we should give the OP some curtesy too since we do not know what is going on his/her end besides the bike issue.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.