Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the process of a build and would like to get a nice set of stans flows with hope II hubs for my niner wfo 9, but im looking for the most bag for my buck. any recommendations on builders with some good deals would be appreciated... i would entertain any advice on a different set of rims/hubs if they would be just as strong a reliable as the stans flows/ hope at that price range, i had stans arches and they were great for me!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I thought about ordering from CRC but I paid £273 for my hopes and flow rims, which were custom built so I got to chose hub colour and spec (20mm front) which I thought was a good deal. Also chain reaction ones are old style graphics on the flows or at least the picture is.

It got mine from Merlin cycles

·
don't try this at home
1,601 Posts
tbsmitty said:
The set I suggested isn't built by CRC. They are Hope Hoops, built by Hope. Best deal going anywhere. Wiggle also sells them, free shipping to the US.
but i don't see any 29er rims/wheels at CRC. since this is for his Niner, i'm assuming that's the size the OP was looking for.

·
Registered
197 Posts
tbsmitty said:
The set I suggested isn't built by CRC. They are Hope Hoops, built by Hope. Best deal going anywhere. Wiggle also sells them, free shipping to the US.
I know hope builds these wheels but not sure if you can say they are custom built as they are pre chosen specs and colours and built by machines in the hope factory. Great value but limited customisation which is one of the reasons I chose hope hubs.

Don't get me wrong hope built wheels will be uber reliable and friendly on the wallet on comparison to other builders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.