Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right topic area, but I figured the weight concious might have some input on lightweight frames. Im looking for a custom hardtail mountain bike from someone, does anyone have any idea how much customs from various companies cost? Has anyone had any good experiences with one company or another?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have had 3 Dean roadbikes...Plan on waiting much longer than what you are told. It was not an issue for me, I ordered "off season". Be VERY specific with Dean as to what you want, the weight you want to achieve. They butt their own tubes, sometimes the tubes can come out very heavy...ie: butted, but not too butted. They are re-doing a road frame for me because it was 6 ounces heavier than we discussed. BUT>>> their quality is excellent and John is a real gentleman. Just get all your facts down from tte beginning, so that everyone knows exactly what you want. I would trust them again.

·
Old man on a bike
12,383 Posts
My Moots is a custom, think the upcharge over a stock frame many years ago was $300 or 350, not sure what it is now. Had to wait a bit, as they did customs in batches by frame style (I think, maybe by size as well). There's a lot of custom builders out there. If you like ti don't forget Seven, Strong, IF, Jones, etc etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts