Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Landshark with self-designed dropouts is finished!
I designed these with a primitive CAD program and had a local machine shop cut them out of stainless steel. What I found in designing these is that slotted brake tabs are not necessary. With precise positioning of the caliper relative to the axle slot, the pads are always fully contacting the rotor.
As usual, John Slawta's fillet work is flawless, as is his paint.

Attachments

·
SNGLSPD
1,058 Posts
I have always thought that would work

very nice and clean looking.
How about some shots of the rest of the bike?looks pretty awesome from what I see.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Letsinger said:
Landshark with self-designed dropouts is finished!
I designed these with a primitive CAD program and had a local machine shop cut them out of stainless steel. What I found in designing these is that slotted brake tabs are not necessary. With precise positioning of the caliper relative to the axle slot, the pads are always fully contacting the rotor.
As usual, John Slawta's fillet work is flawless, as is his paint.
Looks lovely.

However, with the brake in that position, I'd expect you to get problems with the rear wheel moving backwards (on the disc side) under sharp braking.

Any problems?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More pics

Ok, here's the rest of the bike.
The fork is an 03 SID, but I dremeled the brake posts off.

Hollywood -
That track bike is a beauty, at first I couldn't figure out how you made a negative of the bike without changing the background!

Brant -
With the big King bolts, there has been no movement. That might be a problem with a QR, but the bolts are solid. Forward movement is, of course, stopped by the adjuster screws.

Sparty -
How's bout this weekend? You going out?

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.