Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
mtbr member
454 Posts
Which headset is Fisher using there, that seems to have almost zero build height on both top and bottom? I would also like a headset that low! Is the head tube perhaps made for an integrated headset?

Seems to be a custom frame:
1. Beefier head tube, made for integrated headset to reduce build height? I hope that's on the 05 frames! Maybe it actually is, and they cut away the headtube from the Reba pic on the homepage not to reveal it?
2. Shorter head tube? That looks like an XL frame with an S head tube length. Would also be great on the 05's! Being able to get the bars low enough is a challenge for many niner racers under 6'3", I think. Also think that we are going to see more negative rise stems.
3. Cable routing under the top tube. On the 05's also.

Good looking bike!

·
Registered
346 Posts
those painted fishers

nightfire said:
Look deeper apprentice. You must always look beyond component choice, the beauty is more that skin deep.

;-)

P::..
for all those interested the Paul Smith fishers (there were 4 of them) were used in a 24 hour race inthe Uk about 18 months ago.

GF rode 1 along with tean rider Liam, and Japanese BMX guru who according to MBUK hadn't even rode with spud B4, the final rider was a MBUK contributer. Have an Article on it in a mag but cant find it at the moment will dig it up later in the week and post more details.

Apparently 1 of the bike is no on display in some museun in the UK.

P.S. for all interested that was GF's personal custom rig for that gig.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ozbikebuddy said:
Apparently 1 of the bike is no on display in some museun in the UK.

P.S. for all interested that was GF's personal custom rig for that gig.
Please do post more details if you find them.

Maybe it is in the Satchi gallery along with the new Paul Smith Mini (When I say new I mean 1990's)

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Interesting to see that Gary seems to like his seattube angle quite slack. Setback seatpost, seat shoved all the way aft. It looks to be the XL bike, too, which at 73º already has the slackest seat tube angle of the range. Not much stem left, which is no surprise.
Gary's running a virtual effective top tube of ~27" there. Talk about believing in Genesis... Very classy bike with that white and rainbows. I'd love mine to be that way, he should offer them as a limited series of some kind.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 24 hour race must have been longer ago than that.

SSMM (ex-redbull) 2004, No Gary
SITS 2004, No Gary, well he isn't entered as far as I know.
SSMM 2003, Gary, But solo, paced for Nat
SITS 2003 No Gary
SSMM Red Bull 2002 it must have been.

P::..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.