Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this bike is awesome. Need to get it out to ride now on something other than ice.

Race Face, SRAM XO, Mav SC32, Thomson, and Avid Juicy 7's. Bontrager wheelset is holding up strong so far.

29.5 lbs! I chose the color and Theresa gave me some options, I told her to just pick her favorite and get 'er done!

She did a great job. Baby Blue Sparkle.

I'll post a ride report in about 2 years when I stop looking at it and decide to ride it!
 

Attachments

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
PattD said:
Well, this bike is awesome. Need to get it out to ride now on something other than ice.

Race Face, SRAM XO, Mav SC32, Thomson, and Avid Juicy 7's. Bontrager wheelset is holding up strong so far.

29.5 lbs! I chose the color and Theresa gave me some options, I told her to just pick her favorite and get 'er done!

She did a great job. Baby Blue Sparkle.

I'll post a ride report in about 2 years when I stop looking at it and decide to ride it!
dude that is friggin sweet!!!!!!

damn you, just when I thought I had my spending under control. I have not ridden my new and improved X5 but twice since I modified it......I love the looks of that bad boy and would love to have one. I ride my 29er almost exclusively now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
PattD said:
Well, this bike is awesome. Need to get it out to ride now on something other than ice.

Race Face, SRAM XO, Mav SC32, Thomson, and Avid Juicy 7's. Bontrager wheelset is holding up strong so far.

29.5 lbs! I chose the color and Theresa gave me some options, I told her to just pick her favorite and get 'er done!

She did a great job. Baby Blue Sparkle.

I'll post a ride report in about 2 years when I stop looking at it and decide to ride it!
That is a great looking bike. That colour is perfect.
 

·
JORBA: Six Mile Run
Joined
·
428 Posts
Close Up Please....

Baby Blue Sparkle, man that looks nice!!! How about a close up of that paint. I want to see that sparkle! Best custom color I've seen. Enjoy it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
PattD said:
Well, this bike is awesome. Need to get it out to ride now on something other than ice.

Race Face, SRAM XO, Mav SC32, Thomson, and Avid Juicy 7's. Bontrager wheelset is holding up strong so far.

29.5 lbs! I chose the color and Theresa gave me some options, I told her to just pick her favorite and get 'er done!

She did a great job. Baby Blue Sparkle.

I'll post a ride report in about 2 years when I stop looking at it and decide to ride it!
Tell me about that shock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm assuming your talking about the fork

IT's the Maverick SC 32. Very plush, and stiff. Requires a 24mm front hub. Chris King and Maverick are the only ones that make them right now (as far as I know). I've got that fork on 3 different bikes and I've had great luck with it. I love it.

If you happen to be speaking of the rear shock it's the Fox Float R (pre Push)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,040 Posts
PattD said:
Chris King and Maverick are the only ones that make them right now (as far as I know).
Hope now makes one too. Glad to hear you like the fork. How big are you? The only SCs I've seen have been flexy, twisty PsOS. I like the DUC though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sc32

I'm 6'1" 235lbs. It can be twisty, but I don't feel the flex too bad. It's a good compromise. I chose to put it on this bike because I don't plan on leaving the ground much, at least not more than a few feet. For more stiffness, I'd choose the DUC. I had a couple 4" travel forks that were flexy. Due to my size, I usually experience flex from the crown when I'm leaning down on the fork. I flex just about everything on a bike, so I like the fact that it's a fork of lower weight that I can manage how much it does flex, at least compared to other similar weight/travel forks. Also given the options for 29" bikes, I'm good with the SC32.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Sc32

PattD said:
I'm 6'1" 235lbs. It can be twisty, but I don't feel the flex too bad. It's a good compromise. I chose to put it on this bike because I don't plan on leaving the ground much, at least not more than a few feet. For more stiffness, I'd choose the DUC. I had a couple 4" travel forks that were flexy. Due to my size, I usually experience flex from the crown when I'm leaning down on the fork. I flex just about everything on a bike, so I like the fact that it's a fork of lower weight that I can manage how much it does flex, at least compared to other similar weight/travel forks. Also given the options for 29" bikes, I'm good with the SC32.
I'm seriously considering a SC32 for my El Comandante. How bad is the flex as say compared to a RS Reba? I'm 6'1" and about 185 lbs. and I don't plan on leaving the ground much either.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top