Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to completely rebuild my santa cruz chemeleon. it is an 03 frame and is black. i was thinkin that since im taking just about everything off, why not custom paint. ( my paint is scratched and not my favorite color right now. how much do you think it would be to custom paint? any color suggestions?

thanks

·
Registered
771 Posts
U need to use automotive paint and an automotive clear coat on top of it, otherwise it will scratch and chip too easily. A local body shop may do it for you and they may even fill up any scratches you had with bondo

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just go raw....go to home depot and ask for the most gnar paint remover they have.
Pour it all over your bike and let it bubble the paint off.
Spray it off with water.
Then re apply the remover to the few spots left over.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
Low Budget Rollin' said:
my bike i painted metal flake red, its dopeshow
post some pics... I would love to have a bike painted like the low rider car of Pedro's brothers (Nap Dyno)

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
sreiman said:
I am about to completely rebuild my santa cruz chemeleon. it is an 03 frame and is black. i was thinkin that since im taking just about everything off, why not custom paint. ( my paint is scratched and not my favorite color right now. how much do you think it would be to custom paint? any color suggestions?

thanks

Find someone in the area that paints hockey masks etc. Get them to do a custom airbrush job on it.

I did that for my helmet I use for autoracing. Only cost $600

TJ

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
I recently had my frame powdercoated. Total cost including sending it out to a beadblasting shop to be stripped was $280 plus $40 for a new sticker pack. It came out looking great and the powerder coat is very hard so it should hold up well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts