Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does it make any sense in following this up and seeing if i can get a custom made spring for my needs.

the uk importer is only importing certain springs for marzocchi rocco rear shocks.

and the heaviest spring available for the 66 is medium.

yeah i know you can put a bit of air pressure in to overcome that but i like coil springs.

any ideas suggestions would be great.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
From what I understand about marz forks is, you do not need to change the springs, you just need to experiment with different weight/amount of oil to get the ride that you want. Someone correct me if I am wrong because I am basically a newb.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
konut said:
you are sort of right but not totaly,the actual spring rate is the force needed to compress the spring,oil sort of just controls the spring during compression and rebound,so it doesnt feel like a pogo stick and is in some sort of control.
Not quite, what squirrel is referring to is the end of stroke ramp up controlled by the oil volume. By adding or removing oil you increase or decrease the size of the air chamber which forms inside of the fork when it is assembled. At near bottomout the air is compressed to an extent it becomes a sizable force assisting the coil spring is storing the force of the impact. The volume of the oil controls that chamber size and how much force the compressed air can generate.

This is not related to damping and not related to your problem, at least not very much.

_MK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.