Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm newbie here and would like your opinion on something.
I work for a company out of Bellingham Wa. called FastCap and we're Beta testing an amazing new product called "MY GRIP! " It's a special rubberized material that you heat in hot water for 1min, wrap around your bike grips for a custom grip and squeeze. Once fully cooled (5-10min) you'll have a hardened rubber grip that's perfectly molded to your hand! For a limited time I'm looking for anyone interested in trying these out for FREE! Just shoot me an email with a preferred shipping address and I'll send them to you. The only thing I need from you is your feedback ASAP and any suggestions to help us better our products! To see more on the product and how it's used you can go to www.Fastcap.com , Vimeo.com or YouTube and type in Fastcap MY GRIP . Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!
Happy New Year!
Marc

·
I win.
713 Posts
Awesome, I was looking for some new grips.

I just ripped my foam ones the other day.

So essentially this is just some moldable rubber compound that you apply directly to the handle bars? Once on the bars will they slide much? What do they feel like when they've cooled off? Is it squishy at all, soft, rubbery?

Sorry about all the questions, I just love seeing new stuff like this and I'm pretty curious.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
1. Please post a public email address for this! The form on the website is not the most efficient way to do this (since you are trying to hook/line/sinker us, please make it easy!).
2. Email sent thru the site.
3. Will I have time to mount/position the grips on my bars so that I can acheive a riding position before they cool off? I don't want to just hold them like I am holding a hammer, since the grip is different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys sorry about any inconvenience with my postings I'm new to this and thought that I had made my e-mail public! sorry!
It's [email protected]
PLEASE email me with all your questions!
To answer the question about the consistancy of MY Grip...it's "firm" not "hard" and WAY more durable than foam! When it's heated it becomes like silly putty and you can shape, mold, stretch or thin it. First minute is the best initial squeezing and shaping. Then for the next 1-2 minutes you want to sort of finish up any "fine tuning." Then you just need to let it cool. And in about 10 min. WHA- LA! Custom grip! And if you want to remove it just carefully cut it off and use it again on what ever you wantH
have you checked out the videos? www.vimeo.com:thumbsup: or youtube show more applications!

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
I confess i saw too many CAPITALIZED words and exclamation points and decided that i probably wasn't interested in the religion or tv-merchandise that marc is peddling.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
and you say that because? I help clean out all the crapsters who come on MTBR to SPAM etc. :rolleyes:

Let's see the guy comes on here and registers for the first time to post 2 identical threads, and no other acrivity. When I e-mail him and tell him I'm interested and use ERGONs he asks what they are and could I give him some info :rolleyes: WTF doesn't know what Ergons are, especially if you're in his business and seriously looking at the MTB market - this is clearly an account signed up for the exclusive use to spam us.

hizzity said:
Hey that might work pretty good as a custom chainstay protector. I know on my RIP9 there is some weird spots that are hard to cover. and LyNx you are such a douche.

·
I win.
713 Posts
Calm down man. If you're not interested just move along.
I for one am happy to look at new products from different companies. Any innovation or different applications for products that could be used to make my biking better is welcome in my book.

He fully disclosed who he was and was looking for some testers. No big deal.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
i got a sample of these the other day. installations was pretty easy. i used half a piece on each grip. boil and mold went fine. the grip is pretty stiff so their is not a lot of cushion. the grips feel good in the molded position but during real riding they get in the way and are annoying. the removal proccess is easy, just slice down the middle and peel. overall the mygrip has no application in MTB. i could see it being used for a cruise around town but not trail riding.

·
NMBP
2,159 Posts
LyNx said:
and you say that because? I help clean out all the crapsters who come on MTBR to SPAM etc. :rolleyes:

Let's see the guy comes on here and registers for the first time to post 2 identical threads, and no other acrivity. When I e-mail him and tell him I'm interested and use ERGONs he asks what they are and could I give him some info :rolleyes: WTF doesn't know what Ergons are, especially if you're in his business and seriously looking at the MTB market - this is clearly an account signed up for the exclusive use to spam us.
FastCap is a woodworking accessories company and has been around for quite a few years.
I own several of their tools and they are very innovative.I would imagine that this grip material started out for hand tools and someone saw a possible use for in MTBing. Props to them for thinking outside the box.

LyNx, go play with your cute puppy and quit being a "douche".

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Like a good "owner" I play with him and walk him every day :p

As for the rest, I think the poster above summed it up pretty good as far as these hard plastic grips having MTB applications go :skep:

crashtestdummy said:
FastCap is a woodworking accessories company and has been around for quite a few years.
I own several of their tools and they are very innovative.I would imagine that this grip material started out for hand tools and someone saw a possible use for in MTBing. Props to them for thinking outside the box.

LyNx, go play with your cute puppy and quit being a "douche".

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
LyNx said:
Like a good "owner" I play with him and walk him every day :p

As for the rest, I think the poster above summed it up pretty good as far as these hard plastic grips having MTB applications go :skep:
I have a demo set, they showed up yesterday.
They aren't hard, but pretty solid rubber.

When I mount them, I will try doing it with a light grip, and likely with a set of old gloves on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.