Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the winter machine!

Parts are all pretty straightforward, but it's definitely set up for aggressive Vancouver riding with a 50mm stem, Chromag bar, and reverb post. The new Race Face turbine 36/24 crankset is awesome.

Attachments

·
chips & bier
1,597 Posts
Oh yeah, are you running an XTR front derailleur? If so, how is the tire clearance?

I picked up a copy of Bike.de a while ago (gotta read something in the truck stop restroom...) and they noted clearance with the SRAM derailleurs wasn't up to their standard. I.e.: max 2.2".

·
Registered
137 Posts
I read the same article and our comment is that an XC 29 with 2.2" tire clearance is enough. If you are riding terrain that needs a larger tire you need an All Mountain 29er like the Altitude.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Well done Pete - awesome build. Love the black, and the 36-24 is hands down the way to go for NV/Squamish trails. You RMB guys all have great taste - now spec'em like you'd want for your own....or at least give us the 'murdered out' frame-only option like you did on Flatline....

·
chips & bier
1,597 Posts
Just wondering... what Chromag bar are you running? How has it influenced handling from the 'stock' setup?

I'm contemplating goofing with my MSL a bit more (-10 mm on the stem and going to a 740 mm bar), but wondering wether this is starting to sound like "shoulda bought a Slayer".

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.