Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Drinkin' the RIP9 Koolaid
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a set of Fleegle bars from Titus a few weeks ago. Great bars, but my back simply won't handle a flat bar. I like the 15 degree sweep though.

Is it possible to get a set made with 1 1/2 - 2" rise? I know with the sweep, forward bend, and rise, they'd be some seriously funky looking bars, but would be just about idea for what I need.

I have a 1 1/2" riser bar on now with my Stem spacered all the way up. Even still, I need a riser bar because of back problems. Any flat bar just kills me for some reason.

I know there'd be a charge for the custom job, but is it possible Shiggy?

·
Drinkin' the RIP9 Koolaid
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Ragley's may work, but I can only find the Carnagie in a 1" rise, not a 1.5". They list them, but I can't find anyone actually selling them. Not sure if the 25 degree sweep would be too much or not, but I'm willing to buy them to see if it works. If I can find the 1.5" (38mm) riser that is.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Would seem so..., no 1.5"
But 1" rise from your current flat together with the 10 degree diff from 15 to 25 on the carnegie would also mean quite a bit of diff in the reach...

I have a number of these weird bars and swapping from lesser to more sweep usually would mean having to drop the stack a little or change up the stem length (to longer) to compensate, depending on whether I am prioritising the bar height or the final sweep angle when mounted and type of bike, eg ss vs a 1x9 etc...

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
I picked up a set of Fleegle bars from Titus a few weeks ago. Great bars, but my back simply won't handle a flat bar. I like the 15 degree sweep though.

Is it possible to get a set made with 1 1/2 - 2" rise? I know with the sweep, forward bend, and rise, they'd be some seriously funky looking bars, but would be just about idea for what I need.

I have a 1 1/2" riser bar on now with my Stem spacered all the way up. Even still, I need a riser bar because of back problems. Any flat bar just kills me for some reason.

I know there'd be a charge for the custom job, but is it possible Shiggy?
Or you could go to a stem with more rise. Going from a 6-degree/100mm stem to a 15-degree/110mm would raise the bars about an inch and keep the reach the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.