Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a set of bar-ends and am wondering if anyone know who they were made by? Or are they custom? They mount internally.
Thanks

Attachments

·
faster than walking
65 Posts
Those internal mount bar ends are super wicked. they do not diminish your bar length. They are smooth and sleek (aside from the weld bead). Nothing to bang, scrape, ouch your hands or fingers on. Should be rock solid.

Hmmmm, really mixed reviews on this site's product reviews. And the negative reviews are not all obviously idiots. I have noticed that some of the product reviews that are very negative seem to be written by nearly illiterate 14 year olds.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,938 Posts
the answer and syncros bar ends (the originals) and the think it was the original control techs and fast feather ones also, all of which used internal wedges... had a nasty tendency to SLIP.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DeeEight said:
the answer and syncros bar ends (the originals) and the think it was the original control techs and fast feather ones also, all of which used internal wedges... had a nasty tendency to SLIP.
Yes! they have to be really tight. So Answer is who made them or Syncros or Control Techs? Not sure if you are ref to alohachiimoku or mine?

·
He be a moose too.
2,171 Posts
I think what they are trying to say is that Answer made the bar ends first pictured.

Syncros originally had a bar end, the steerhorns, which used a wedge similar to a 1" quill stem (as the Answer & Control Techs had). Syncros later went to a system where they used a circular pill-shaped metal piece that clamped against the bar from behind and used a set screw to tighten.

D8 is saying that the wedge designs slipped. Not sure about this as I haven't tried them yet. I have a pair of steerhorns with wedges but haven't yet put them on.

Pengie

·
Registered
236 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.